Junior .NET Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
You'll be working in a software delivery team that has a genuine interest for engineering and values autonomy, high-quality code, and a hard-working mindset. Day-to-day areas of focus include:
What you'll do:
* Developing new applications for integration projects as well as streamlining existing applications
* Helping to design and communicate technical solutions in an evolving environment
* Contributing to a positive, encouraging, and delivery-focused team culture
What you'll bring:
* Demonstrated ability building APIs and microservices in .NET (C#)
* 3-5 years of hands-on technical experience writing automated tests e.g., Python, Groovy, Spock
* Proven technical skills working with SQL and NoSQL databases e.g., Oracle, Couchbase, MongoDB
* 3-5 years of technical experience deploying code using automated CI/CD pipelines e.g., Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
* An ability to quickly learn new knowledge domains and unfamiliar technologies
* An ability to clearly and effectively communicate new strategies and solutions
* Strong interest and energy to constantly improve the systems we work with
Content Technology & Innovation, we use the latest tech to create, process and distribute the best entertainment. We are a unique blend of talent covering both engineering and operations with more than 2500 people across Europe. We connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You'll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.