Business Development Director x 2 (Self Employed)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR x 2 (Self Employed)
We are recruiting Business Development Directors to cover the Public Sector (Local Authorities) and the Education Sector (HE, FE and Colleges)
What do you believe?
Do you believe people should be fulfilled and satisfied by the work they do?
Do you believe teams and organisations should have the skills and tools to operate effectively and achieve their goals?
Do you believe professional and personal development cannot be separated?
If so, do you want to join us and build a resource that supports people and organisations to achieve their ambitions?
Who we are…
Lasting Impact Academy is an online training service, providing professional and personal development training. We support people to be more productive and teams to be more effective. Our aim is to transform organisational culture and support organisations to achieve their goals, by enabling people to be satisfied, fulfilled and motivated by the work they do. Sound a bit woolly? Absolutely not. We deliver training on practical tools and techniques, coupled with personal insights, that deliver on these aims. What’s more we provide implementation strategies so that people and organisations can extract genuine benefits and achieve a lasting impact on the back of our training. And we’re just getting started…
You can discover more about Lasting Impact Academy here:
And even more by visiting our parent company site:
And a little more about me:
And sample our training here:
What we need…
The mistake that many businesses make (we know and have the scars to prove it) is that the founder tries to do everything. It’s a fine line between bootstrapping and burn-out, and there’s no rule book on how to tackle this, so we’re writing our own.
To be effective the existing Lasting Impact Academy team needs to focus on content creation and service development. In order for us to do that we need a team of Business Development Directors who will drive the business forward, bring in clients, and ensure we deliver our vision.
This is a self-employed business opportunity. You will be one of our first Business Development Directors and take on the distribution licence for a specific territory and sector.
The territory in your distribution agreement is defined by both geography and sector. The geographic territory for this agreement is significant and encompasses customers located across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and the sector territory encompasses organisations defined as either Educational Institutions i.e., Higher Education and Further Education institutions, colleges, and schools or Public Sector i.e., local authorities, municipal authorities, and councils.
- Develop connections and leads with institutions across your territory.
- Bring in clients across your territory and achieve mutually agreed sales targets
- Support clients to establish systems and processes that embed our service
- Develop a team structure to support quality service delivery across your territory as the business grows
- Work collaboratively with Business Development Directors in other sectors to share knowledge, insights and resources
As we are in our start-up phase there is currently no cost to taking on a distribution agreement. In return for every client you secure you will receive 50% of the sign-up fee and 50% of all recurring income from clients in your territory. (The sign-up fee for institution clients is £500, followed by a monthly subscription of £250)
We succeed or fail together. The risk is minimal, and the rewards significant, but only if this is right for you, and you are right for us. Fit is more important than qualifications, but you must demonstrate relevant experience, and you will have a proven track record in sales, business development and client relationship management.
Skills, Attitudes & Knowledge & Experience.
- Have a proven track record in sales and business development
- Be skilled at establishing, managing and maintaining positive client relationships
- Have experience and knowledge of your chosen sector
- Be committed to achieving and delivering positive outcomes and a quality service for our clients.
- Be able to drive and motivate yourself and achieve the agreed sales targets
- Believe in our service and possess the resilience to drive our development
- Walk the line between focusing on individual goals and supporting your colleagues across the organisation.
- Have an understanding of and interest in professional and personal development.
How to apply
Send your CV along with a covering letter of no more than 500 words explaining why you want to take on this role, and where you want to take it. Please also state which sector you would like to apply for.
If you have any questions, please email me in the first instance and I’m happy to arrange a follow up call. email@example.com
Closing date is 5pm on Friday 3rd December.