Senior Manager – Corporate Tax – Financial Services, Banking - Flexible & Part-Time
What we do
KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
The Banking Corporate Tax team provides tax advice, compliance and audit support work to a wide range of banking, fintech and financial markets infrastructure clients. Major banking clients include HSBC, JP Morgan, Lloyds, RBS and Goldman Sachs.
The team is part of the wider Financial Services group and provides opportunities to get involved in, for example, M&A and Insurance work, as well as Banking. We advise companies across the whole of the financial services industry including UK and foreign banks, financial markets infrastructure participants, securities dealers, general and life insurers, Lloyds insurers, insurance brokers, funds and fund managers.
Corporate Tax Advisors are often the main relationship holders for Tax and Legal, and work closely with other areas of the tax practice as well as Deal Advisory, Risk Consulting, Management Consulting and Audit, acting as a springboard for sales in many other areas of Tax and Legal and the rest of the firm.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing and leading relationships across a portfolio of clients, including our most high-profile banking clients.
- Ensuring that client work is managed and delivered effectively, maintaining good financial hygiene.
- Building and maintaining internal relationships across the tax practice as well with non-tax colleagues and the network of member firms.
- Coaching and mentoring more junior team members, including the opportunity to undertake performance management responsibilities if desired.
What we are looking for
- CTA and/or ACA/CA and/or equivalent legal/HMRC/international qualification is essential.
- UK banking corporate tax knowledge is essential plus an awareness of broader tax, regulatory and accounting areas.
- Ability to lead and drive projects forward, meeting deadlines and managing the financial impacts.
- The flexibility to adapt to the ever-changing demands brought about by tax, regulatory and business changes.
Why join us
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability.
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.