Senior Manager – Trade & Customs, Indirect Tax - Flexible & Part-Time
What we do
KPMG has a large team of Trade & Customs specialists located across the UK, working to support our national portfolio of clients with a variety of Trade & Customs issues. Within the team we have specialists in areas such as valuation, classification, origin and customs special procedures. We work closely with our colleagues both in Indirect Tax, other areas of Tax such as Transfer Pricing, and the wider Advisory business in order to deliver value to KPMG’s clients. We offer a wide range of services including customs advisory, Brexit planning, compliance reviews, training support and preparation of duty reclaims.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing high quality customs and international trade advice for clients in line with UK legislation, HMRC guidance, and other local tax jurisdiction rules (where appropriate with support from KPMG member firms).
- Working closely with directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential.
- Linking closely with specialist colleagues in International Tax, Transfer pricing and Indirect Tax (VAT) where necessary.
- Developing innovative solutions for our clients including identifying Customs Duty risks and opportunities.
What we are looking for
- Has a high level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude and willingness to keep up to date technically.
- Has a minimum of 8 years of relevant Trade and Customs experience from a compliance or advisory role and/or relevant chartered tax and/or equivalent legal/international qualification.
- Very strong people skills for engaging with our clients and team members.
- An appreciation of and/or understanding of ethical/risk issues within a client service environment.
Why join us
Support from day one. We expect a lot from you, but you can expect as much in return. From Intelligent Working and Employee Networks to great rewards and benefits, we’ll have regular, honest conversations about your career.
Diverse perspectives. Diverse challenges demand wide-reaching perspectives. That’s one of the reasons why we’re so passionate about attracting, developing and retaining the best talent from all backgrounds. We’re proud of the value we place on individuality and we’ll empower you to bring your full self to work; to help maximise your true potential.
Applying with a Disability. KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
What to do next
Live our values and embrace our quality-first culture, and we’ll give you what you need to take your career from success to success. Start your journey by clicking 'Apply' today.