Software DeveloperWould you like to play a key role in a growing team delivering systems to assist the Royal Navy with real time preventative ship maintenance? We currently have a vacancy for Software Developer at our site in Portsmouth - Naval Base. (Flexible working options available)As a Software Developer, you will be working as part of the Systems Information Exploitation (SIE) team to deliver the systems sending real-time alerts to BAE Systems analysts and staff on board Royal Navy ships notifying them of immediate and potential maintenance issues that could lead to future problems. You will be leading the design, development, and maintenance of software artefacts and integrations to tools and libraries. You will also be working closely with internal BAE systems stakeholders, third parties and suppliers to elicit requirements and develop or adapt appropriate solutions whilst ensuring the software meets users, business and security requirements.The SIE Project is in a period of growth with additional types of ships and customer in scope so this role will provide you with the opportunity to work in a growing sector of BAE that is expanding the team to meet new demand, this role could therefore lead to future opportunities for leadership or senior positions within the team. This role could also lead to opportunities within the wider BAE Systems business.To find out more about the SIE Programme please follow this link: https://www.baesystems.com/en/multimedia/system-information-exploitation Your main responsibilities as a Software Developer will involve:
- Creating appropriate design documents to explain how systems should behave, interact and interface with the ecosystem
- Designing software with extensibility and reusability at the forefront.
- Designing Complex Event Processing logic to manipulate, enrich and enhance the data for further processing on the platform
- Engaging suppliers/third parties for the purpose of integrate the solution and problem solving
- Engaging end-users to understand requirements discuss proposals and demonstrate concepts
- Defining and leading software development activities to interface with supplier and third party systems
- Extending and maintaining core software platform to fix bugs, improve performance, add additional functionality and adhere to process, updates or security requirements
- Ensuring software is fit for purpose using unit and integration testing where appropriate.