Associate Java Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Identity is at the heart of Sky's global digital platforms. You will be joining a diverse team where the focus is on building scalable applications with security and reliability built in" - Associate Developer"
What you'll do:
* Be a part of an agile environment primarily using open source technologies and the best deployment techniques.
* Join a mixed team of back-end and front-end developers use to a wide range of technologies from Kubernetes to ReactJS.
* Utilise pair-programming on a regular basis and gain experience from senior developers.
* Report to a senior developer and work closely with other Java and Scala developers, Testers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Solution Architects, Reliability Engineers, Security Engineers and Performance Engineers to maintain and improve market-leading digital solutions.
What you'll bring:
* Experience in Java or Scala development.
* Good communication skills.
* Advocate of TDD and BDD practices.
* Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.