Hire Desk Assistant
Hire Desk Assistant
Permanent - Flexible working available
Select Plant Hire is part of Laing O'Rourke Plc, the major national construction and civil engineering company. We are looking for a Hire Desk Assistant to supply the customer with a professional, prompt and efficient service and to maximise the utilisation of Select Plants own equipment to its full potential. With an aim to turn around orders within 24 Hours and collections within 72. The Hire Desk Assistant will maximise each customer order in terms of volume of product and price whilst maintaining, building and improving profitability to all stake holders
What will the role look like?
- Provide help and advice to ensure the correct lifting equipment/product is supplied to our customers.
- Dealing with telephone calls in a professional and prompt manner.
- Process all enquiries, orders and emails efficiently up selling where possible, adhering to our team aspirations.
- To monitor cross hire on a weekly basis, liaising with the lifting workshop to ensure opportunities to exchange cross hires are made, to increase own plant revenue.
- Prompt action of any supplier invoice queries each month, keeping them to a minimum.
- Aim to achieve and exceed financial targets in line with the department budget.
- Takes ownership of complaints, liaises with the appropriate people within Select and resolves the issue raised through the complaints process.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- A decent level of IT proficiency.
- The ability to plan and coordinate in order to meet and exceed client requirements.
- An appetite for the job and genuine interest in providing an excellent customer service.
- A diplomatic yet tenacious approach in order to generate and maintain suitable working relationships.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, then please get in touch.