Assistant Accountant -
Permanent - Flexible working available
Laing O'Rourke is looking for an Accountant to be part of the management reporting team and assist with the timely production of the Europe monthly management accounts, with specific focus and responsibility for the monthly P&L and balance sheet submissions for Company 25, UK Centre, UK Other and Augur.
What will the role look like?
- Working with the management reporting team to ensure a timely and controlled update of month end ledgers (Co25) including preparation and positing of the Co25 GRN Accrual.
- Full update and reconciliation of the periodic Co25 model involving full TB, recharge a/c and other sub ledger updates and a full review of any required ETB entries.
- Preparation of monthly P&L and balance sheet MIB submissions for all the Company 25 BU MIB's, incorporation a full ETL upload and multi period MIB to CIM2 reconciliation.
- Preparation of monthly P&L and balance sheet MIB submissions for UK Centre, UK Other and Augur highlighting any P&L movements to senior management in a timely manner.
- Within elements of the reported MIB's liaise with other finance teams to assist the timely update of forecast information and clarification of any key variances both current month, full year and future years.
- Prepare and review of all Co25 LOR Group Intercompany reconciliations (via Tagetik cockpit).
- Prepare (and review) various elements of central control reconciliation suite, ensuring full support information, comments and potential action notes are provided.
- Work with the Management Reporting Manager and the Finance System team in developing and implementing an agreed plan for the full systemisation of all elements of Co25 model reporting, to help the month end process and allow time for more detailed review and enhanced analysis.
- Assist and support the Management Reporting Manager with the annual FIB to MIB exercise in reviewing and updating all requirements for the Co25 MIB's liaising with other related MIB owners as needed
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Analytical and flexible with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and providing support to others to ensure that their information is submitted on time
- Intermediate excel skills and an ability to accurately work with large amounts of data
- Previous experience of accounting within a large multi-currency group
- Systems experience of COINs and/or Tagetik
- Study towards a professional accounting qualification
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, then please get in touch.