Senior Procurement and Contracts Business Partner
We welcome applications from all communities, and we don’t discriminate against any identity. We’re interested to hear from you, regardless of your background
Are you looking for your next career step in Procurement?
As an Executive Agency of the Department for Transport (DfT), the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) supports the Department in developing and implementing the Government’s maritime safety and environmental protection strategy.
The MCA is looking to expand its Corporate Procurement team and we are now recruiting for Business Partners to join. The purpose of these roles will be to strengthen our commercial understanding so that we can drive increased innovation into our contract requirements.
These exciting roles will also be responsible for supporting Contract and Procurement activity within different areas of the business, ensuring compliance with the Procurement regulations, contract lifecycle review, developing contract specifications and supporting the key stakeholders.
Working in procurement at the MCA offers a range of opportunities to be involved in, from the most strategically important UK Search and Rescue capabilities to the more unusual requests for equipment and research projects.
These are permanent opportunities and the main headquarters for the roles are in Southampton. As a business requirement the successful candidate will have the options to work out of the Southampton Office, undertake a hybrid approach or work remotely on the basis they are able to work from either Southampton or a local government office as a contingency arrangement or when requested.
To deliver, an effective, expert procurement and contract management function, ensuring compliance and good procurement practice in line with the wider government agenda.
Ensure that the Agency benefits from a focus on a Value For Money (VFM) delivery within a robust governance structure, providing advice and Procurement and Contract management support as required.
Develop and apply innovative approaches to procurement wherever possible.
Ensure that procurement advice is focused on Change Management activity especially where that activity offers efficiency gains.
Include but not limited to:
• Provision of strategic procurement advice challenging existing arrangements and specification definition where appropriate while also setting out individual strategies/plans for high impact/value business critical requirements.
• Develop a commercial business partnering regime that supports the commercial lifecycle model for all the goods and services.
• Drive value out of procurement and contract management.
• Ensuring that Contract Management Plans are established for all above threshold or business critical contracts.
• Giving advice to the wider Agency on procurement issues and ensuring that contract managers receive appropriate levels of expert advice and support.
• Co-ordinating Procurement and Contract management activity with that of operational stakeholders to ensure congruence with Agency policy, process and strategic intent.
• Ensuring compliance with procurement legislation and government initiatives for example in the use of centralised frameworks and transparency.
• Supporting the MCA management approach to the procurement of common goods and services.
• You will have experience of working with Contracts software.
• Procurement and contracts management experience.
• MCIPS Qualified or working towards the qualification or relevant Contract Management experience.
For further detail on this please see attached the Role Profile for further information
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) implements the government's maritime safety policy in the United Kingdom and works to prevent the loss of life and occurrence of pollution on the coast and at sea.
Safer lives, Safer ships, Cleaner seas.
Our vision is to be the best maritime safety organisation in the world.
Find out more about what it's like working at the Department for Transport.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Commercial Skills and Competency Framework - Knowledge of premarket engagement, understanding how a market works and the impact on effective service and VFM. (Practitioner)
- Commercial Skills and Competency Framework - Understanding and implementation of commercial drivers and procurement policy objectives applying them in sourcing projects and operations. (Practitioner)
- Commercial Skills and Competency Framework - Mobilising the contract and identifying the level of contract management activity required (Practitioner)
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.