Mathematics Subject Lead Consultant
A varied and rewarding role for someone looking to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable children.
Who we are
We are an alternative school and education charity, built on an ethos of creative learning. We work with young people who are unable to attend mainstream school for a variety of reasons including mental health, complex educational needs, previous school exclusions, or medical conditions. Through a combination of group and 1:1 education, extra-curricular creative projects and holistic wellbeing support, we provide our students with a rounded and supportive educational experience, helping them to overcome their personal challenges and thrive in our school community. Since being founded in 1999, we have positively changed the lives of countless young people.
The Mathematics Subject Lead will consult for the Mathematics department in the school, setting up practices and advising teachers in order to ensure the quality of the school's Maths offer. They will lead on specialist Maths training for our teaching staff and assist in other weekly training. This role is for approximately 8 hours per week and can be based in our central office or remotely with occasional visits to sites.
What we offer:
- The chance to positively influence the lives of vulnerable children
- A supportive and friendly team of office colleagues
- Ongoing professional development through our weekly training programme
- A high level of departmental oversight and autonomy
- Access to hundreds of company discounts through Perkbox
Pay: From GBP6,500 (Approx. 8 hours per week - remote, or in our office, with occasional visits to our other sites)
You will need:
- Qualified Teacher Status or extensive experience of working in Alternative Education
- Mathematics based Degree or Equivalent
- Experience of the primary and secondary curriculums
- Knowledge of SEN and differentiation
- Experience in school setting and significant teaching experience
- Experience of working in a charity or creative environment
TCW is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Please note: this role is currently vacant and we will be interviewing on a first come first serve basis.