Associate Business Development Manager
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're motivated by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
We're seeing unprecedented changes in the banking sector brought about by shifts in technology, our customers' changing preferences and the evolving and regulatory environment. So we're adapting, innovating and responding at pace to ensure we're the best bank for customers.
Insurance and Wealth helps personal and business customers with their long-term protection, retirement, and investment needs. We support around 10 million customers with assets under administration of £155 billion and annuity payments in retirement of over £1 billion every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Scottish Widows' Individual Pensions Distribution team within the dynamic and fast-paced Insurance and Wealth Division of Lloyds Banking Group. This modern and flexible role plays an integral part in the Division's strategy of 'protecting today, securing tomorrow', through the promotion of our Individual Pension proposition, to help meet the retirement planning and income needs of UK Intermediary customers as we continue our ambition to be the best Life and Pension company in the UK.
As an Associate Business Development Manager you'll build relationships with intermediary accounts, working alongside the Business Development Managers to help increase the flow of new business, retain existing assets and identify and help deliver marketing initiatives to improve overall engagement.
Based across Bristol, Gloucester and Birmingham, reporting to the Regional Development Manager, this role provides a fantastic opportunity to develop the skills and experience to progress in a Business Development environment. You'll work closely with different areas of the business to help shape our take to market proposition, identify business opportunities and help deliver areas for growth.
This role creates the perfect foundation for someone that currently works within the financial services sector looking to develop their skills and capabilities to manage external relationships in a field based role.
Some of the key activities you'll be involved in are:
* Develop an understanding of how a Business Development role operates, and as part of this help shape the strategy by creating valuable relationships with the intermediary market.
* Identify ways of generating additional revenues and expand our geographical footprint with intermediaries with the use of performance data and analytics tools.
* Formulate and implement a business account plan using a range of strategies. Enabling you to have a detailed understanding of the people, business strengths, weaknesses, goals and decision-making behaviour of a panel of intermediary accounts.
* Identify and implement business opportunities alongside Business Development Managers and Telephone Account Managers to support the growth of a panel of accounts.
* Work with other business areas to identify ways to build upon the Scottish Widows Individual Pensions proposition, engaging with specialist resources, whilst at the same time helping to develop your own understanding.
* Develop a panel of intermediaries and begin engaging on the Scottish Widows proposition, demonstrating the support available to advisers with the ability to introduce the Business Development Manager to build a relationship.
* Longer term, look to take accountability for a panel of intermediaries as the primary Business Development owner.
* As part of this opportunity you have the chance to help shape your own training & development alongside the Regional Development Manager.
* Align with specified risk and compliance procedures and practises whilst operating within Lloyds Banking Group policies at all times.
We're looking for people who have the following Skills and Experience:
* Good organisational skills - ability to prioritise the most important things.
* Experience of and managing relationships (both internally and externally) and the ability to build rapport, trust and customer confidence.
* Ability to present at most levels and use appropriate questioning techniques.
* Knowledge of the individual pension market, business development or regulatory landscape desirable.
* An ability to research what key competitors are able to offer.
* Attention to detail and the ability to challenge different ways of working to ensure we achieve the optimum result.
* The desire to work towards achieving CII/PFS Level 4 Qualification.
So, what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development, and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity. You'll also receive a competitive package in addition to your base salary that includes:
4% Flexible Benefit of base salary (which you can simply take the cash-sum with salary)
Discretionary variable bonus.
Generous employer pension contribution.
28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holiday
Private Medical Insurance and access to Share plan.
In return for your expertise, we'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Together we make it possible.