Underwriting Support Technician - flexible options available
This role is 35 hours a week with a flexible working pattern that includes both working from home and working from the office. We are also interested in part-time applications. We offer a competitive pension scheme, personal medical, dental and travel insurance.
Duties and accountabilities
- Be responsible for the data entry of insurance policy information underwritten by the Wholesale underwriting teams, onto in-house systems.
- Engage fully in training to gain a solid understanding of how to calculate and process financial information to agreed, defined standards of accuracy and timeliness.
- Manage your day to day workload and respond to data queries from the business efficiently, to provide a high quality customer focus and service delivery to the underwriting teams.
- Develop insurance knowledge, attend underwriting meetings and be a main point of contact to specific underwriting teams.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with other operations teams, such as credit control and claims.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate high levels of accuracy with close attention to detail.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade 4 or above (or equivalent qualification).
- Computer literate, with the ability to develop a full understanding of in-house and Microsoft systems.
- Confident working to deadlines and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Be collaborative and support your colleagues.
Pursuit of excellence
- Consistently provides quality work products
- Adapts behaviour to reflect the style of others to foster effective working relationships
- Finds the most efficient and practical means of overcoming challenges
- Actively looks for solutions to customer problems
- Seeks to further knowledge of customer needs
- Builds relationships with customers and responds to needs by demonstrating tact, empathy and professionalism
- Seeks the best and most direct option to accomplish tasks
- Demonstrates effective organisation skills
- Applies logic and draws accurate conclusions from information
- Helps others succeed
- Approaches change in a positive manner
- Listens for and acts on key information
- Holds self and others accountable to ethical standards
- Takes ownership and accountability for own development
- Shows accountability and resilience in achieving goals
Markel celebrates the value of a diverse workforce that brings experience and expertise from a wide variety of backgrounds and life circumstances. Whatever your background, if you feel you meet the requirements of this role then we want to hear from you.
We want to ensure that you have a positive experience applying for a role at Markel and are able to perform at your best. If there are any adjustments we can reasonably make to ensure that the process is accessible for you at every stage please contact us on email email@example.com
Markel International is an international insurance company with offices in 17 countries, across the UK, Europe, Canada, and Asia Pacific. Markel International is a division of Markel Corporation (NYSE – MKL), a fortune 500 company.
In each of our businesses, we seek to deliver innovative products and responsive customer service so that we can be a market leader. Our time horizon is long-term, our approach is disciplined, and our focus is on continuously improving the quality of the customer experience.
Find out more by visiting our websites: