Senior Strategy & Business Development Analyst/Manager
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Strategy Office:
The Chief Strategy Office is a newly formed division under a new Chief Strategy Officer. Accountable for developing the group wide strategy including growth opportunities such as M&A, new technologies or strategic direction. This critical function is focused on setting the direction for Inmarsat globally and will work in close partnership with all functions and regions.
Primary role purpose:
The Senior Strategy Analyst is a key member of the Chief Strategy Office who will support and/or lead a number of corporate strategy and business development initiatives and work on various initiatives including strategy planning and projects, market and competitor assessments, M&A, strategic business case development, and more.
The scope of the role includes research, analysis and strategy material development for corporate strategy projects going to the Exec and Board; financial analysis and market research for business development and M&A opportunities; financial modelling and strategic planning for large and complex business cases; providing regular market and competitor updates to the Senior Leadership Team, Exec and Board; building and maintaining market and competitor intelligence databases and reports; supporting a number of Corporate Business Development (BD) initiatives, and others.
- Provide monthly competitor and market updates as part of the Monthly Management Report
- Create and regularly update in-depth profiles and assessments of competitors, M&A targets, potential strategic partners, etc. to inform key stakeholders and support strategic decision making
- Conduct research on market trends, market sizes, competitive landscape, etc.
- Research, maintain and improve a live database of commercially relevant information on Inmarsat’s key competitors to support
- Financial analysis, market research and competitive information to support M&A initiatives
- Financial modelling and analysis in support of business cases and/or M&A projects
- Work with the rest of the strategy team to support strategic planning, corporate strategy projects, business development, M&A, and other CSO priorities.
- Participate in industry conferences
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Data mining and experience analysing and assimilating large sources of information, conducting desk research, interviews, etc. with attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills; strong ability to assess business plans, market forecasts, company reports, and to extract and condense the relevant information
- Financial/management accounting skills with ability to understand and interpret financial statements and financial KPIs
- Exceptional creative, structured thinking and verbal reasoning capabilities, as well as experience applying a broad range of strategic and business analysis frameworks
- Outstanding quantitative and data modelling skills – including financial models (DCF, etc.)
- Ability to learn quickly and work autonomously while still being a strong team player
- Organised, structured, rigorous work methodology
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong and efficient Excel and PowerPoint skills
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Top tier strategy consulting or investment banking background, ideally combined with in-house strategy experience
- Experience in the telecom sector, ideally (but not necessarily) satellite communications
- Solid academic background with business/finance/quantitative degree and/or technical degree
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do