Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Finance Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Finance Office (CFO) processes millions of transactions a month that enable us to interact efficiently with our suppliers, customers, trading partners and regulators. We make sure that the Company is properly funded and well controlled, that our taxes are paid and that shareholders and banks continue to support our plans. Our commercial teams help ensure that the business takes sound decisions through robust planning, careful pricing, sound contracts, skilled procurement and rigorous evaluation of every major business decision.
Primary role purpose:
This purpose of this role is to operate across a diverse spend portfolio of in excess of $50m per annum; develop stakeholder relationships resulting in early involvement in projects; deliver category strategies and objectives across the business that result in goods and services being procured in a cost effective and efficient manner for the business; and proactively identifying new opportunities using market insights and experience.
- Deliver the elements of the overall Procurement strategy that are relevant to the allocated categories.
- Work with the Procurement Director to develop and deliver category and sub-category strategies and procurement projects within the framework of the overall Procurement Strategy, such that the relevant internal team is supportive and clear on the vision, strategy and implementation process.
- Assess risks and recommend to the Procurement Director a risk based approach to optimise time; effort; value and risk in each Procurement.
- Conduct market analysis, run tender processes, use data analysis and conduct negotiations to ensure savings are delivered within a best practice framework following Procurement processes and governance.
- Either support the Procurement Director or lead on category negotiations with suppliers to ensure savings are achieved, and value for money and efficiencies are secured for the business.
- Bring market innovations to Inmarsat that drive value and protect against foreseeable risks.
- Work with the Procurement Director to develop and manage relationships with key suppliers that contribute to capacity and capability development, enhance control of the supply chain, process improvement and promote a partnering approach to managing contracts.
- Collect and analyse spend and market data in support of procurement strategies.
- As well as leading/owning significant projects, from time to time supporting the Procurement Director in managing significant and complex supplier contracts in line with policies and procedures to drive both value and compliance for the Inmarsat.
- Maximise the value of around $50m of spend.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong management and influencing skills.
- Good category management skills and experience in sourcing a broad range of good and services in relevant category area.
- Evidence of developing category strategies either in a leading or supporting role.
- Good negotiation; risk assessment and stakeholder management skills.
- Good understanding and management of end to end RFP processes, contract award and supplier management.
- Good understanding of contract law and legal principles.
- Team player.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Educated to degree level
- CIPS or working towards
- Experience working in a complex global or multisite FTSE100/FTSE250
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do