Web Accessibility Tester
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and resourceful Accessibility subject matter expert with a strong background in testing. Our optimal candidate will not only be able to demonstrate their experience and strong command of digital accessibility standards and best practices but also demonstrate their knowledge and sensitivity to the access needs of people with disabilities. In addition to audit experience, we are looking for someone who can guide Product and Technology teams in creating accessible digital products in conformance with accessibility standards.
- Able to independently perform accessibility audits of web pages, desktop applications, and mobile apps, using accessibility testing tools and assistive technology products
- Write and evaluate audit reports, describing accessibility issues and recommendations for resolving them
- Provide accessibility support to developer teams, either through consultancy or through contributing code
- Keep up to date with latest developments in the field of accessibility and related standards
- 2 years accessibility testing experience
- Written and verbal communication skills - able to present status, facts, thoughts, and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing, and organised manner
- Flexibility and adaptability - able to quickly and smoothly change direction based upon management direction, while remaining extremely organized while meeting tight deadlines
- Direct previous experience in manually testing websites to ensure conformance to WCAG 2.1 – Level AA
- Hands on experience with Assistive Technology (e.g. screen readers, magnifiers, alternative input, etc)
- Understand accessibility evaluation tools and methods in both web, native mobile and desktop environments
- High degree of initiative and autonomy coupled with an ability to function successfully as part of a team (in person and virtual)
Good to Have:
- 4+ years of experience of accessibility in digital, customer facing programs or functions
- A background in usability, user centred design or inclusive design
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/relevant experience.
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a large and successful company such as Atos, you can also expect an excellent range of benefits. These include: an exciting salary, 25 days’ annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, permitting the purchasing of discounted products and services.
What’s more, we really value our employees' progress and it’s a top priority to engage, encourage and help improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing our employees' career.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.