Associate Delivery Manager
About the job
We welcome applications from all communities and we don’t discriminate against any identity. We’re interested to hear from you, regardless of your background.
Are you someone who enjoys working collaboratively with different business areas?
Would you like the opportunity to support and collaborate in project delivery?
Can you communicate confidently both verbally and in writing?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for Associate Delivery Managers to join us at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and we would love to hear from you.
An Associate Delivery Manager you will work closely alongside a small and/or mature agile team and will learn on the job. You will work alongside a Delivery Manager on a larger team, shadowing and providing support, where you will also work to deliver an element yourself under guidance and mentorship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain an understanding and experience of project management which could potentially provide you with further career opportunities within MCA.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited too:
• Supports the implementation of the digital, data and technology delivery management strategy, policies and processes required for successful delivery of the technology portfolio
• Supports the management of the IT digital, data and technology portfolio including effective prioritisation of incoming requirements
• Maintains relationships with digital, data and technology project sponsors and key stakeholders of the projects they support with an awareness their priorities and demands
• Support projects and initiatives to achieve agreed objectives within time, cost and quality constraints;
• Track and report progress on allocated projects
• Supporting with escalations of issues within defined project tolerances; otherwise, escalating those issues
For further information please see the attached role profile.
We are searching for motivated and proactive individuals who enjoy managing a varied and challenging workload; having the capability and confidence to not only provide project support but to also take the lead on smaller projects.
You will have exceptional communication skills and can express yourself in a confident and concise manner with colleagues and stakeholder at all levels.
You will be someone who naturally enjoys working collaboratively with different business areas and likes the challenge of influencing others to achieve business outcomes. You can build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders which enables you to build solid working relationships.
You will have inner composure, and the ability to recover quickly from setbacks and is someone who can learn from them.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
- Communicating and Influencing
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.