Company Information and Role Overview
Willmott Dixon is the UK's third largest privately-owned capital works, regeneration and support services company.
Founded in 1852, we are now one of the country's most recognisable brands for the built environment, developing and delivering new schools, housing, hospitals, hotels and office developments, often as part of a town's regeneration. We also care for and maintain over 120,000 homes and provide sustainability expertise.
Our family values and respect for people has seen the business achieve numerous accolades as one of the best places to work in the country. Willmott Dixon, for the past four years has been the highest privately owned construction and development company in the prestigious Sunday Times Best Companies to work for list.
Key Responsibilities / Objectives
We are looking for an experienced, hands on Payroll Clerk to join our busy team. The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate and timely salary and expense payments to the Group's 3,000 people in line with statutory requirements and Group policy.
As a Payroll Clerk within the Payroll team your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsibility for end to end payroll processing for a number of Local Company Offices within the Group including reconciliation of payroll and preparation and submission of BACS and RTI files.
- Responsibility for processing employee expense and mileage payments. To include checking for tax status, particularly in terms of 24 month rule for site based employees and reimbursement for commute travel.
- Ensure all payroll deadlines are maintained through an awareness of priorities and workload.
- Maintaining in depth knowledge of payroll and pension legislation, including Local Government Pension Schemes.
- Create and post payroll journals to the Finance system.
- Paying over third party and pension payments.
- Maintain P11d and payroll records for company benefit schemes, particularly the Private Medical Scheme and Company Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
- Retain payroll records in accordance with statute and Willmott Dixon policy.
- Producing ad-hoc reports as required by the business.
- Assist in attending to queries raised by employees and business, responding in a timely and customer focussed way.
- Support with project work as required.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times in compliance with Group policy and relevant Data Protection guidelines.
- Maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Knowledge of relevant Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly excel
- Experience of using integrated HR/Payroll software
- Ability to carry out all technical payroll calculations manually
- Proven experience in a complex payroll environment
- Proven experience of working as part of a team
- A courteous and helpful manner when resolving issues
- Ability to prioritise with a flexible approach
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- CIPP or similar qualification.
- Experience of working within a Finance environment
- Experience of Resourcelink
* Ability to model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation.
* Ability to identify your customer needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
* Ability to find practical ways to overcome barriers.
* Ability to problem solve issues in a logical and organised manner.
* Ability to work to a project plan when required and feedback on issues to stakeholders.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile/flexible working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
In return we provide you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package to fit your lifestyle and priorities, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos and a chance to develop your career of a lifetime!