Part-Time Call Handler
NHS Shared Business Services is a unique partnership between Sopra Steria and the Department of Health. We provide crucial corporate back-office services to NHS organisations.
We are market leaders in corporate service delivery with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are designing and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver world-class patient care.
Are you passionate about supporting the NHS but can only commit to working flexible part-time hours?
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced customer service environment that could open further opportunities for a career in payroll? If you have a good standard of education in English and Maths, Grade A-C at GCSE (or equivalent) and excellent communication skills both written and verbal, then please read on!
The Day Job:
Representing NHS SBS by being the first point of contact for all incoming calls. Calls will be from NHS clients and their employees, providing a service that assists with timely and accurate salary payments. To carry out all tasks within SLA time scales. Dealing with highly sensitive and confidential personal information. The Employment Service Desk Advisor will be the initial point of contact for all clients and a support service for the Payroll, Pensions and Recruitment Teams.
- We are responsible for dealing effectively with queries from customers (both internal and external) by telephone, email or in person, at all times conveying a professional and efficient attitude following customer service standards.
- To resolve as many, if not all, queries as possible during the initial contact
- We provide clear, concise and accurate information to clients, their employees and third parties ensuring at all times that a positive and professional manner is deployed.
- Follow the guidelines laid out under the Data Protection Act
- Be proactive in ensuring that payroll staff achieve Key Performance Indicators in respect of call resolution
- Maintain a basic awareness of statutory regulations in respect of National and Local deductions from pay such as PAYE and NI.
- To construct suitable responses to queries from staff, HMRC and other outside organizations verbal and written.
- Good standard of Education in English and Mathematics, preferably with GCSE level A-C, or experience in an office/payroll/finance environment
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues
- Numerate and methodical
- Good pc skills, using Microsoft word, Excel and the ability to input from basic data source and produce basic spreadsheets
- The ability to prioritise
- Previous experience of working in a customer service environment
- Experience with handling telephone calls and emails
- Basic understanding of Payroll processes and deadlines
- Aware of PAYE, National Insurance and NHS Pension Scheme
- NVQ 2 qualification in Payroll
- Previous Call Centre experience or working in a fast-paced work environment
Contract Type: Permanent
Security Clearance Level: BPSS
Internal Recruiter: Rachel
Salary: GBP18,575 (pro rata)
Hours: 16 hours per week (working on a very flexible basis)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, 4 x death in service benefit, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund 3%, annual bonus of up to GBP500 (all pro rata)