Are you a caring individual with a willingness to learn and support individuals with varying needs? Join a fantastic team as a Care Assistant - No experience required!
Position: Care Assistant
Location: Worksop, Bassetlaw and surrounding areas
Salary: £17,495 per annum (£9.07 per hour) plus enhancements for night working
Hours: 37 per week, full time, part time and bank hours available
Closing Date: Monday 3 January 2022
Interviews: are being arranged on an ongoing basis
About the role of Care Assistant:
If you are seeking a change of direction in your career with a real sense of satisfaction and value, you've come to the right place. PST North have fantastic opportunities for you to join their services as a Care Assistant at either PST North's supported living services in Worksop or with their friendly out-reach team in the Bassetlaw District and surrounding areas. The out-reach team support individuals in their own homes and within the local community. PST North services support individuals with a range of needs including; individuals with mental health, learning disabilities, autism and personality disorders. Some of our service users are non-verbal and use a various forms of communication including Makaton, sign language and symbols.
"You really can gain valuable experience working with individuals with a range of needs and the best part about it? We have fantastic service users and a very supportive team to see you through each day" - Current colleague.
Your duties may involve:
- Providing personal care
- Domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, helping to prepare healthy meals etc.
- Helping the service users with their finances including budgeting.
- Getting the service users back into work, education, training and community activities (bring your creativity!)
- Day to day running of the service including completing weekly and monthly checks, running records, liaising with externals and providing staff handovers.
You will be proactive, reliable and passionate about improving the lives of others with a ‘can do’ attitude. Helping and caring for others will come naturally to you. As a great team player, you will be willing to learn, organised and be adaptable to change when working as part of a team to help nurture the service users’ development and independence.
Although training will be provided to ensure you are comfortable with dealing with individuals with varying needs, you must be able to confidently deal with challenging behaviour and be resilient in your approach to work. It is beneficial if you have previous experience although we are willing to train the right individuals with great personal values for these roles which align with the organisation values.
A full valid driving license with business insurance and access to your own vehicle is desirable. However, don’t let this put you off from applying, there are positions at the Worksop services that are walking distance from the bus and train station!
On occasion, you may be required to cover sickness and holidays for our other contracts which could include personal care, wake / sleep nights across the North Nottinghamshire area.
In exchange for the above you will receive a fantastic benefits package:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs
- Company Pension Scheme cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Overtime available
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.
Please note it is a mandatory requirement to wear full PPE including a face mask in this role and to have the mandatory COVID Vaccinations.