Senior Android Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you'll do:
* Design, develop and test features in new Android applications
* Create application architectures that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
* Follow software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal Sky standards and industry best-practices.
* Ensure that design, development and testing activities adhere to these guidelines.
* Create prototypes of new technologies across Android devices.
* Enables and executes continual improvement across people and systems - Takes pride and ownership in work
What you'll bring:
* Excellent knowledge of Android Studio & Gradle
* Excellent knowledge of both Java and Kotlin
* Excellent knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
* Excellent understanding and experience with Modern Android Development including Modularization, Dependency Injection, JetPack libraries, MVVM pattern, Live data and Data Flow, Data Pagination, Room database, Navigation library, Testing libraries including UI testing,
* Strong knowledge of Git, GitFlow and version control
Ground-breaking projects. Innovative tech. Top innovation. Join our UK&I Technology team and you'll work across technology projects that drive our TV, broadband, mobile and Sky Connect services. You'll be at the heart of delivering the technology roadmaps that support our UK and Ireland businesses, with a focus on customer innovations for Sky Glass. That's not all. You'll also design, develop and deliver digital services for millions of customers across the UK.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.