Are you looking for the next step in your career or simply looking for a fresh challenge?
Join a fantastic team as a part time Assistant Manager to begin a long lasting and rewarding career.
Midworth Street is a 24 hour supported living project that supports vulnerable adults or adults with a mental health diagnosis for up to a maximum of 2 years
Salary: £13,107.77 - £15,608.91 per annum
Hours: 22.5 per week, Part Time
Closing Date: Friday 17 December 2021
Interviews: 20 December 2021
About the role:
As Assistant Manager you will be working on a project that runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to support fantastic service users. There is currently have a 22.5-hour position available which will generally be worked between Monday to Friday (approx. 9am – 5pm). Occasionally you will be required to cover a range of different shifts that may include weekends and bank holidays to ensure safe running of the home. Therefore, a degree of flexibility is beneficial.
Every day really is different, you could be recruiting for new positions one day, auditing and reviewing local policy and risk assessments the next day and assisting with the general running and management of the project in line with organisational policy and procedure. Other duties and responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Line management responsibilities such as managing performance where applicable and increasing motivation and productivity
- Setting up agreed person centred individual support packages for new service users
- Planning and writing the rota to ensure all shifts are covered
- Helping to maintaining a safe physical environment for colleagues and service users
- Helping to do self-assessments for internal and external quality audits
If you have patience and have a passion of caring for others we want you! We are seeking an enthusiastic individual that lives by the organisation’s values and promotes these within the service. You will be resilient when faced with challenging situations and able to remain positive under pressure whilst having the ability to think outside the box. If you’ve been described as outgoing and energetic you’ll fit right in!
Please note it is a mandatory requirement to wear full PPE including a face mask in this role.
Benefits included with the role as an Assistant Manager include:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service (Pro rata for part time roles)
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1,200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme with contributions matched up to 7.5%; including life assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member as a Care Assistant or Support Worker
- Employee Recognition Scheme with monetary rewards
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Paid to train
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; with a 24-hour confidential advice service
- Opportunities to join several networking and support groups e.g. LGBT Ally, Ethnic Minority Network, become a diverse champion etc.
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Opportunities to attend colleague social events.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
We very much welcome previous experience working as Team Leader, Senior Home Carer, Senior Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Senior Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Senior Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Home Manager, Deputy Manager, Assistant Manager, Activities Coordinator.