Strategic Land Purchase Ledger Clerk
We have a great opportunity for a Strategic Land Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our team within our Central Services Team at Vistry Group, based at our Kings Hill office in Kent, or our Bishops Cleeve office in Cheltenham. As our Strategic Land Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will be responsible for processing and maintaining accounts payable records and provide financial administrative support to the Strategic Land Finance Manager and the entire Strategic Land team, ensuring timely, quality financial information is provided and maintained in accordance with group procedures and policies. You will be a motivated individual who has a high level of attention to detail, able to communicate well with external parties but also within the business to pick up queries. A good team character is important as you will often be working to provide information directly to the wider Strategic Land Team, as well as Group Accounts payable.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
This is a Part Time role 22.5 hours per weekLet's cut to the chase, what's in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working arrangements possible for this role
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Free private healthcare from your start date
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance - 3 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme - up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
- Behave in line with our company values - Integrity, Caring and Quality
- GCSE Maths & English at grade C or above.
- Good to advanced Excel skills.
- Good general IT skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience and/or advanced understanding of Purchase Ledger processes
- Experience of payment or accounting software packages
- Good knowledge of end-to-end accounts payable function
- Strong communication skills
- Good organisational skills / ability to work to tight deadlines and reconcile issues with limited supervision
- Full or part qualified in a recognised Accountancy qualification e.g. AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- COINS finance system experience
- Accurate processing, coding, and matching of invoices in accordance with group policies
- Underlying procurement processes including the raising and monitoring of purchase orders
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve invoicing queries in a professional manner, on a timely basis and to comply with statutory requirements
- Liaising with Strategic Land Job Managers as necessary to resolve issues
- Review of invoices on hold and clear in a timely manner
- Carrying out supplier and other reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Handling all post/emails related to invoices and any other associated duties including scanning/printing
- Processing sundry payments for manager review
- Processing in house sales invoicing as instructed
- Managing electronic filing of finance documents as well as handling any physical filing and archiving on a periodic basis
- Perform varied reviews and reconciliations using the COINS finance system
- Supporting the Finance Manager as required with ad-hoc tasks