Marketing Manager and Business Partner, Maritime
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Marketing and Communications Office:
The Chief Marketing and Communications Office is accountable for marketing, communications, public relations and government affairs across the group. This critical function is focused on building the Inmarsat brand, driving marketing lead generation, communicating both internally and externally and ensuring a favourable policy environment.
Primary role purpose:
The Maritime Marketing Manager and Business Partner will work closely with the Director of Marketing and the wider Maritime Marketing team to plan, develop and execute powerful market communications activities to drive awareness and preference, drive demand generation and support global sales efforts. This will involve the preparation and delivery of a segment of the annual integrated marketing communications plans.
You will work closely with our partner channel to build trust through every interaction with Inmarsat. You will also be responsible for tracking and reporting the success of various marketing campaigns and should have a keen understanding of a variety of marketing and communications measurement tools.
We are looking for an organised candidate with first-rate writing skills and a passion for technology. You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the challenges faced by multiple maritime sectors and building an in-depth knowledge of Inmarsat’s propositions and how they help our maritime customers overcome these challenges.
You will have the opportunity to develop and execute marketing and communications plans and will own the creation of a broad variety of content types: from de-jargoned descriptions of our products and services, video, digital and thought leadership campaigns, that clearly position Inmarsat as the preferred choice in the market.
A key element of the role is ensuring a clear and coherent public profile for the maritime business, with the appropriate tone, look and feel for all external marketing communications, coordinated with the central Corporate Marketing team.
- Own the development and execution of the marketing and communications plan for the Yachting and Passenger sectors, in close collaboration with the Sales and Business Development teams, and aligned with business unit objectives and targets
- As part of your leadership in Yachting and Passenger Marketing, you will:
- Work with internal stakeholders and external agencies to deliver high-quality, compelling content across various media including PR, social media, traditional and digital advertising.
- Work with Director of Marketing and internal and external resources to provide the necessary collateral for maritime campaigns, including sales presentations, video, case studies, web content, research reports, infographics and brochures.
- Develop and manage the full scope of tradeshows and events to ensure successful, timely and on-budget delivery. Responsibilities range from working with internal and external resources to choosing the most suitable stand location, exhibit design, key messaging development, on-site support, and post-event evaluation and reporting.
- Manage several external agencies to deliver clear, compelling value propositions across advertising, design and PR to drive sales results.
- Align with corporate KPIs as well as establish specific campaign KPIs as required. Managing regular reporting on maritime marketing activities across all channels. This will include analytics on web and social media campaigns, advertising, and PR effectiveness. Represent the needs of the Maritime Business Unit within the central Marcoms function, negotiating resources to meet priorities.
- Safeguard the integrity of the Inmarsat brand and corporate identity across all communications media.
- Reports directly to Director of Marketing and Communications, Inmarsat Maritime
- Works collaboratively with Sales, Product Management, Central Marcoms (Corporate Comms, Event Management, Digital Marketing) and Maritime Marketing team members
- Work with external PR and advertising agencies to develop and manage Marketing plan
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Communications professional with experience across all aspects of the marketing mix (events, digital, print, messaging, advertising), ideally gained within the maritime, telecoms or IT industries
- Excellent writing skills with proven ability to translate technology description into customer benefit
- Highly analytical with experience in analysing and reporting results using Google Analytics, B2B MA and other industry tools
- Demonstrable experience using CMS to update websites, preferably AEM
- Experience running Pardot campaigns
- Solid experience in working with external agencies to produce marketing collateral, including brochures, case studies, video, presentations and web content
- Experience in supporting tradeshows and seminars with marketing content
- Experience in managing marketing budgets
- Degree level educated, or equivalent
- Independent worker with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational and project management skills to multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
- Proactive ‘can do’ approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with collaborative working style
- Accustomed to working in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced matrixed organisation
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of the mobile satellite or cellular industry.
- Some experience working in a B2B environment with telecoms/technology products or services.
- Experience of wholesale marketing and liaising with channel partners.
- Sprout Social
- AEM or other enterprise CMS
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do