Halifax- Customer Adviser- Reading Broad Street
Part time - 25 hours per week
Join the Halifax - we're the people who give you extra.
We're here to help our millions of hard working, down to earth customers, making sure their money is helping them get on, not get in the way.
We're famous for giving extra! And our friendly and warm branch colleagues are at the heart of our upbeat bank - they all get a buzz from forming relationships with customers.
Join us and you'd help customers with everything from getting their everyday banking admin sorted to really stretching to help when it matters the most.
We're needing even more welcoming and approachable people to help make things more straightforward for our customers.
We're deeply passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll get genuine opportunities to learn and develop as part of our inclusive, values-led organisation.
To be a Customer Assistant in our pool you'll be asked to work flexible and variable hours with Saturday working included. We'd be looking for the following attributes:
We'd be looking for the following things in you:
- Honest, conscientious and genuine, caring about helping people move forward with their finances.
- The ability to quickly build rapport to understand your Customer's needs to give them a truly excellent experience.
- Acting with care and integrity - making time to resolve queries and building the trust to provide great service.
You could be greeting customers at the welcome desk, helping them at the counter or working in other branch areas. And you'll make the most of your best talent - just wanting to help people using our latest in-branch technologies and digital services.
What else do we need?
- We'll need you to be hardworking ideally with previous experience of delivering excellent service - no banking or finance experience is necessary.
- Great attention to detail (forms, figures, systems, cash etc.)
- You'll be a genuine teammate - collaborating with your branch colleagues to ensure our customers' needs are met.
- We also need your flexibility to work across a number of branches in the local area and some Saturdays when needed.
In return, we'll be totally committed to investing in you.
From Day 1 we'll provide all support you'll need - many of our colleagues gain an industry qualification or develop careers in the wider organisation.
Our employee benefits package gives you a range of flexible options including receiving additional cash payments, retail discount vouchers or buying/sell holidays. Everything is geared to suit your lifestyle!
This is on top of investing in your future through generous pensions, share schemes etc. Our full time salaries start from c£18,385 - depending on experience and hours worked (pro rata for part time)
Once a year you'll also have the option to give a day to support initiatives within your local community and make even more of a difference.
We're passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families. Just let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made to our recruitment processes, we'll try to accommodate them...
So if you have the passion for helping people we're looking for and you want to make a real difference to your community and career then we'd love to hear from you...
Our roles often generate a lot of interest and can close early so don't miss out this opportunity to apply!