Savings and Efficiency Lead
Aberdeen, Belfast, Beverley, Cardiff, Glasgow, Liverpool, Southampton
We welcome applications from all communities and we don’t discriminate against any identity. We’re interested to hear from you, regardless of your background.
Savings and Efficiency Lead
Reporting to: Financial Strategy Manager
Are you an experienced Finance Professional looking for your next challenge?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment?
Would you love to be a part of an organisation that makes a real difference to people’s lives every day?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
The Maritime & Coastguard Agency is an executive agency of the UK Department for Transport (DfT). We are a team of 1,260 staff and 3,500 volunteers. Our Headquarters are in Southampton, and we have office and co-ordination centres around the UK coast.
Our vision is to be a world-leading organisation, accelerating the transition to sustainable shipping with non-negotiable safety standards and we put our people, our customers and our planet at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to:
• Be the world’ s best performing flag state
• Be a modern, progressive regulator
• Grow UK maritime economy & employment
• Be the world’s best performing coastal state
• Reduce fatalities at sea
• Be a world leader in maritime innovation and
• Be the go -to centre of expertise for UK maritime
Does YOUR job matter?
What WE do matters!
Our work affects people every single day. Whether at the beach, coast or sea, people rely on our 24-hour coastal rescue service 365 days a year and our Marine Surveyors ensure high standards of safety for all boat users. We understand the significance of our work and achieving our vision.
And Finance is a key enabler.
Our Finance team is embarking on an ambitious transformation programme to provide superior finance business partnering and strategy services to the whole of the Agency. We need to on-board serious finance professionals, who really understand the business we are in, the challenges the agency faces in the medium to long term and can support the directorates to deliver to time, to cost and to quality.
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) is currently in search of a new Savings and Efficiency Lead to provide support in the recognition and conversion of efficiency and saving opportunities to all directorates within the MCA.
Roles Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Contributing to the MCA’s medium-term financial plan and supporting the Financial Strategy Manager on spending reviews.
• Identifying and delivering a programme of efficiencies and savings across the MCA.
• Developing a ‘social value multiplier’ model for the MCA which demonstrates added value.
• Supporting the development of analyses on financial impact performance and risk to complement advisory reporting to senior stakeholders.
• Contributing to the development of the Fees and Charges strategy for the MCA.
• Building and maintaining key relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Supporting the delivering of a finance improvement programme across the MCA.
Please see the attached Role Profile for an in-depth view of the post.
To thrive in this role, you will hold demonstrable experience working in a financial management or financial strategy role. This will be coupled ideally with qualifications in CCAB/CIMA, and with post-qualification or solid relevant experience.
We would love to hear from individuals who have supported business improvement with an emphasis on long-term financial planning. Individuals at this level will good interpersonal and influencing skills, combined with an ability to build relationships with a variety of senior stakeholders.
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Government Finance Framework: Management Reporting (Level 2)
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.