Social Value Manager
Willmott Dixon Interiors are seeking a passionate and engaging Social Value Manager to join our award-winning Social Value team. This role is based in our Head Office in London Farringdon and involves travelling to projects.
The successful candidate will undertake research and collaborate with project teams, customers, and communities to develop bespoke Social Value Plans that meet local need. They will also contribute to the successful achievement of WDI's Building Lives deliverables through programme design and delivery of employment skills plans.
The successful candidate will be a strategic and creative planner that can make things happen. You will have the ability to project manage, report and ensure successful delivery of project and corporate social value targets in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
This position would suit someone that is outgoing, passionate about giving back, makes things happen, and has exceptional commitment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the pipeline of work and developing well written bid responses using community and customer research / insight.
- Facilitating collaborative planning workshops with teams, customers, supply chain and wider stakeholders to identify local need and opportunities.
- Identifying KPI's and developing bespoke high impact social value plans and programmes aligned to WD priorities, customer, and community need.
- Creating long term relationships with teams, customers, supply chain and local organisations to deliver social value outcomes.
- Planning and managing meetings with teams and customers, setting targets, measures and reporting social value created throughout the project life cycle.
- Creating reports and case studies for customers, project team and project directors.
- Contributing to the creation and delivery of high impact programmes and activities that meet customer and Building Lives priorities.
- Cultivating a culture with all our people, customers and supply chain so that they understand the role they need to play in leaving a legacy and harnessing their ideas into deliverables.
- Successful coaching and line management of Social Value co-ordinators.
At Willmott Dixon Interiors we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours.
We are seeking someone who demonstrates leadership qualities and will embody our COR behavioural principles - having the courage to challenge yourself and others, openness to listen and truly learn from our experience and nurture meaningful relationships with our teams, customers, and communities - built on trust and mutual respect.
Sound like you? If so, come and join our team, and become a great ambassador of our business.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written skills and verbal communication skills
- Listening and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Can build lasting, long term relationships
- Can work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Good understanding of latest Social Value drivers, policies and delivery mechanism
- Knowledge of non-financial reporting frameworks and economic valuation
- Solid administration and IT skills - Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, outlook
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
We are a disability confident employer.
We are proud to be part of the Willmott Dixon family; a privately-owned contracting and interior fit out group in the UK. With a rich history, amazing track record and strong values, this partnership makes us a stronger and more progressive organisation, allowing us to share knowledge and take on bigger and better projects.