Senior People Partner - Travel Stores
Senior People Partner - WHSmith Travel
Here at WHSmith Travel it’s all about our people. They are the ones that deliver for our customers. The ones that enable our growth. That’s why our People team is passionate about creating an environment where they can thrive and do their best work. Join us as a Senior People Partner, supporting the Stores Director and their Senior Operations Team and you’ll get autonomy to drive our people strategy and help shape the future culture of WHSmith Travel.
Life moves quickly at WHSmith travel. We never stand still. We’re constantly innovating, looking for our next commercial opportunity. Our laser focus on great customer service and product proposition means we’ve been around for a while, over 225 years and continue to thrive. Already a leading travel retailer in the UK, we have plans to expand our operations here and internationally. With a keen eye on profit, a forensic focus on space and a spotlight on new & unique formats - there’s lots happening!
Why join us?
In terms of what you want to achieve, and what you could be, you’ve only just begun. There are ‘no limits’ to what you can accomplish. It’s perfect for people who are happy to use their initiative, be ready to make big decisions and are adept at finding commercial solutions. It’s fast paced here so you’ll need to think on your feet and be prepared to work hard. But the autonomy, variety and development you get is incredible - anything is possible.
What you’ll be doing
As a key ambassador for our Stores HR team you’ll be responsible for creating, designing and implementing our stores vision and strategy forwards. Here’s some of the areas you’ll be involved in:
- Contribute to and drive the implementation and execution of the Travel People Plan
- Work closely with Head of Operations to build our people capability and create high performing teams
- Coach, influence, guide and challenge business managers to ensure strong people performance
- Drive employee engagement in partnership with the Heads of Operation
- Use data & insight to inform decision making, people priorities and improvements ensuring HMRC & KPI compliance
- Provide HR expertise and insight into key transformation projects. Create the implementation plan and deliver the agreed people change
- Act as an Ambassador to embed the future vision for travel stores
- Deputise for Head of HR (Travel) as required
What you’ll have
- Experience working in a complex, fast moving environment
- Excellent business partnering skills demonstrating the right level of challenge and influence to get results
- Commercial acumen and understanding of the operational levers which drive success in the business
- Able to manage ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities
- Curious with a passion for data to drive decision making
- Good planning and organisation skills with experience of project management and an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proactive and able to balance your workload between inbound requests from stakeholders and finding time to build for the future
- Emotionally intelligent with great interpersonal and people-facing skills
- Resilient and able to flex, refocus, and reprioritise
- A strong collaborator, able to support HR colleagues
What you’ll need to show
- Customer focus – Keep customer at the heart of all you do
- Drive for results – Tenacity for ambitious and competitive results delivered with pace
- Value our people – Respect and value our people in an honest, open environment
- Accountability – Personal responsibility for actions and deliver what you say you will