Procurement Opportunity - EDF Energy Returner Programme supported by Inclusivity
EDF LAUNCHES RETURN TO WORK PROGRAMME IN PARTNERSHIP WITH INCLUSIVITY
The EDF Return to Work programme offers flexible opportunities for returners with additional support to ease the transition and is part of their commitment to recruit from the widest possible pool of talent, making sure that their workforce is a true reflection of the communities and customers they serve.
Whatever the reason for taking a career break, your unique skills and perspectives will not only give EDF a better understanding of customers from all walks of life, but help bring fresh ideas too.
EDF is helping Britain achieve Net Zero by leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future and tackling climate change. They’re the UK’s largest producer of low-carbon electricity, meeting around one-fifth of the country’s demand and supplying millions of customers with electricity and gas.
HOW THE RETURNER PROGRAMME WORKS:
EDF has partnered with Inclusivity to create a programme that will help you get back up to speed in a friendly and welcoming environment. Applications are now open.
The programme provides six month paid opportunities for Returners and are available on a 4 or 5 day a week basis. These opportunities will allow you to put to use your past career expertise and to bring yourself back up to speed with the current market. You will be paid at the full market rate for the opportunity you are offered. During your six month programme you will be provided with 3 one-to-one Coaching sessions as well as pre-commencement training support from Inclusivity. The programme commences in September 2022.
Whilst there is no guarantee, it is the goal of the programme that you will be able to secure a permanent position at the end of the six months.
LOCATION / WORK PATTERN
EDF has offices across the UK and embraces a flexible hybrid working culture. The roles on offer have teams based in either London or Hove so the ability to attend meetings in one of these locations is required. At present teams are working predominately home based with up to 4 days per month in the offices.
PROCUREMENT RETURNER OPPORTUNITIES
This opportunity is part of the EDF Energy Returners programme - please ensure you have read the full programme landing page available here which outlines how the programme works, support on offer and eligibility criteria. Opportunities to return are on a 4 or 5 day basis with hybrid office/home working available.
This is a new role within Customers Supply Chain to support development and management of key categories to support the company’s ambition of creating a great Customer experience.
This includes managing a range of third-party services and digital solutions required to support the business strategies, developing end to end category strategies, gaining Supply Chain Management and Business Stakeholders’ “Buy in” and timely delivery of a portfolio of contracts to support the agreed Supply Chain strategy.
It is expected that this Senior Supply Chain Specialist will act as a point of subject matter expertise for the business and suppliers, and will work with other Supply Chain specialists, depending on business area, where required.
The role will require strong Supplier Relationship Management abilities to manage key strategic suppliers and stakeholders.
The post will require occasional travel to attend project briefs and meetings although it is expected that digital communication is utilised where possible.
- The role sits within the Customers business which supplies gas and electricity to residential and business customers across the UK, and provides wholesale market optimisation of EDF Energy’s generation and customer assets.
- EDF Energy is the market leader in electricity supply to business customers with a >20% market share and has c.11% (4th largest supplier) in the residential market.
- The UK market for gas and electricity is widely considered to be the most competitive of EU energy markets. It is also a market subject to intense political, regulatory and media scrutiny and attention.
Framework & Boundaries
- The role holder will work closely with the key stakeholders within Customers Operations acting as a trusted partner to maximise value to the Customers business through the professional Supply Chain and SRM management of third-party goods and services.
- Responsible to the Senior Manager of Partnerships, Debt and Communication Channels.
- To identify requirements and develop the Procurement Strategy for the area of the business under your purview, in conjunction with the business strategy, taking full account of other activities within the portfolio and drive the procurement strategy to conclusion in a timely and professional manner;
- Ensure that the business support teams such as Legal and other stakeholders are involved and contributing to the delivery of the portfolio and manage the workflow to ensure that the acquire Goods and Services process is carried out in a timely manner to meet the business expectations;
- Ensure that all procurement activities are carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with Procurement Policy and procedures;
- Negotiate and obtain agreement to the optimum procurement strategy for the business, including identifying and leveraging group procurement synergies where practical;
- To generate and record savings for the company by effective supply chain management;
- Develop a supplier base that is appropriate to the size and complexity of the organisation, and mitigates the supplier risk in a suitable manner;
- Ensure that third party suppliers and contractors both understand and work in alignment with our health, safety, environment and quality practices and standards;
- Ensure that suppliers deliver the expected goods and services to the required quality in a timely manner and at the agreed costs. Manage exceptions effectively and ensure mitigating actions are put in place and followed;
- Ensure that our risks are understood and mitigated to an agreed level through effective contracts and development of appropriate professional relationships with our key suppliers and contractors;
- Assist with the ongoing review of end to end procurement practices and procedures and ad hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
With regards to Customer Operations / Services experience, the Returner candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate past ability in the following areas:
- Negotiate commercial constructs that best support the business requirement.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience and ability in working with Senior Management, advising at all levels as required.
- Demonstrated experience in the award and development of contracts and strategic procurement strategies for complex high value projects.
- Strong understanding of contract and commercial law and sound understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Experience in Bid Process Management including supplier sourcing, documentation, evaluation and selection and managing the tendering and award of contracts for high value multidiscipline contracts.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with experience in negotiating high value and complex multidiscipline contracts.
- High degree of commercial acumen, being able to understand complex commercial issues, and drive complex commercial negotiations to conclusion.
- Proven experience working with cross functional teams.
- Project planning skills.
If this Returner opportunity sounds like the right role for you, and to explore further, please submit your CV today and one of Inclusivity's career consultants will be in touch.