- Have you had a career break of 12+ months?
- Do you have 5+ years of experience in Software Development and/or tech?
- Are you ready to re-join the workforce with training and career coaching included?
Then you’ll want to hear about the UK’s leading Returners Programme and how it helps 100+ returners restart their careers every year.
About the role
Our Tech Returners Programme is specifically designed to support professionals returning to work after a career break and we are looking for ambitious returners to work as Mid-Senior or Lead Developers.
This is an opportunity for returners to up-skill in current and emerging technologies, to refamiliarize themselves with current industry best practices and to enhance their technical knowledge on deployments with our clients.
Having restarted over 450 careers since 2016, our programme is here to support you through every stage of the journey, ensuring you have the confidence, skills and opportunity to step back into a successful and rewarding career in technology.
At the start of the programme, you will receive up to 14 weeks of trainer led and project-based training in object-oriented development within the Scrum framework. The training is carried out by our experienced trainers and will take place in our Virtual FDM Academy.
After the training period, you will become a fulltime FDM consultant and work with our prestigious clients on a variety of projects as you progress your career in your chosen field.
What we offer you
- A fully supported journey back to full-time work with continuous development throughout your time with FDM
- 14 weeks of trainer led technical training through the FDM Virtual Academy
- The skills to become a qualified Java Developer
- Hybrid working
- Permanent employment from day 1 of training
- Training hours of 9.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday during the training period, to help accommodate personal commitments
- Guaranteed employment as an FDM consultant with our global clients after training
- Fast-track career progression to get you back into business
- Looking to return to work after a break in your career of 1+ year
- Able to work full time
- At least 5 years experience in software development and/or tech
Our people are our passion and that's why we make your training and career growth our priority. We are a global professional services provider focusing on IT and one of the UK's leading returners employers, recruiting the brightest talent to become the innovators of tomorrow. With centres across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and nearly 5000 consultants currently placed on client site around the world, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing itself as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
Diversity and Inclusion
FDM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial or local laws.