Managing Quantity Surveyor
Morgan Sindall provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Managing Quantity Surveyor on the Sprint Routes project.
The Managing Quantity Surveyor will manage and control the commercial aspects of projects.
- Provide accurate financial reporting on individual projects
- Collate, review financially and report on other projects within her/his remit
- Supervise, support and advise direct reports
- Place subcontracts in accordance with the main contract and Morgan Sindall policies and procedures
- Advise other project surveyors of opportunities to maximise values and minimise costs.
- Ensure direct reports follow the correct procedures
- Monitor sub contractor against programme and ensure direct reports do likewise and offer advice and support on problem areas
- Monitor internal expenditure against budget and ensure direct reports do likewise
- Ensure consistent and accurate forecasting
- Implement and monitor all commercial systems and procedures and ensure effective operation
- Ensure effective communication to all parties
- Maximise efficiency of reporting techniques/systems
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent commercially related subject
- Preferably qualified to CIOB or RICS accreditation
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation
- Used to working on own initiative with knowledge of the procurement of sub-contractors and the monthly measurement cycle associated with this
- Understanding of suppliers’ business and current commitments to other contracts
- Local market knowledge
About the Highways Team:
The UK’s strategic and local road infrastructure is a vital asset for communities and businesses, supporting economic prosperity and social connectivity.
As a major tier 1 contractor and framework partner, we play a key role in providing multi-faceted engineering services to keep these vital arteries running, ensuring smoother, safer, less congested journeys for everyone.
Our teams work on complex, high-profile national motorways, trunk road schemes as well as local authority road networks to deliver comprehensive, integrated services including design and build. These infrastructure solutions are enhanced by our complementary tunnelling and bridge design and build capabilities.
Whether working on Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes or construct only works, we always endeavour to share best practice and deliver progressive solutions by engaging as early as possible with our customers to maximise innovation, efficiency, and cost savings.
Driving improvement across our road network
- Delivering projects to improve road journeys for millions of people every day
- Providing improved and new access to areas for development and employment opportunities, promoting economic growth
- Implementing hard shoulder running (HSR) and introducing smart motorway technology to give reduced vehicle emissions, increased journey time reliability and cost savings of around 40 per cent compared with conventional schemes.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.