Business Operations Specialist
You will be reporting to the CSU Consumption Excellence Lead and supporting them in a number of areas to maintain build upon the current effectiveness of the organisation.
You know what Microsoft do, but do you know what they can do for you? An apprenticeship at Microsoft sets you on the path to your future career at an organisation that believes in nurturing talent.
As a global organisation, Microsoft have many different customer types to provide their many services to - they call these 'Business areas'. In your role you will be located within the Solutions Team Unit. A business area full of specialists, who seek to find solutions to customers problems through Microsoft technologies.
You will work as part of a team to...
- Provide proactive insights reporting as part of the continuous evolution of business effectiveness
- Support budget & forecasting cycles
- Support optimisation of resources to improve productivity as and where needed
- Put together analysis for week-on-week reporting
- Cloud forecasts and tracking performance against commitments
- Reporting on business performance in the wider industry
- Develop actionable insight depending on the current needs of the business and work with key stakeholders across the business to adopt and drive this insight
- Connect findings and recommendations to business initiatives and collaborate with key stakeholders at various management levels
- Support the leadership team in the preparation, running and follow up of external meetings with customers and partners where appropriates
- Question data and be able to draw conclusions, and stories from it
- Using Excel, PowerBI and other Microsoft tools to analyse data and run reports
To be successful at Microsoft you must…
- Have a growth mindset
- Be adaptable and embrace change
- Love to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a great communicator
- Have a desire to learn
- Like to work with other people
To be successful in this role you need….
- The ability to understand complex data and draw conclusions
- The ability to get your insight across
- To pay attention to detail
- To have passion and drive to deliver great results
- To be a natural problem solver; able to logically work through a problem to find a resolution
- To have high standards for performance and compliance
You will study for a L3 Data Technician qualification over this 24 month apprenticeship. You will spend 80% of your time learning on the job, and 20% working towards your apprenticeship. If you are successful on this programme, you may have the opportunity to go on with Microsoft to study at a higher level within your team, for example a Degree Apprenticeship.
Microsoft can't achieve their mission to empower everyone on the planet to achieve more unless their employees can do their best work. Their perks, benefits, and everything between are essential to their success. Some small, some large, all necessary. Microsoft offers its apprentices:
- Generous time away
- Discounts on products and services
- Giving programmes
- Access to wellbeing programmes
- On-site fitness centre at a discounted rate at Thames Valley
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable adjustments due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, you will be given multiple opportunities to notify the GetMyFirstJob team during your application and we will be happy to discuss suitable arrangements with you directly.
Microsoft operate in a Hybrid Working environment. In simple terms, this means your working life can be split between home and your contracted place of work. As an apprentice you and your manager are empowered to find the flexible balance that works for you. Trips to your contracted place of work will be required from time to time.
*PLEASE NOTE: you can only apply to ONE role in the 2022 Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme and we will only consider your first application. If you submit more than one application this could delay our ability to process this. Please ensure you apply to your first choice Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme only*
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on 02393876405 (Ref ID: 179255)