You know what Microsoft do, but do you know what they can do for you? An apprenticeship at Microsoft sets you on the path to your future career at an organisation that believes in nurturing talent.
As a global organisation, Microsoft have many different customer types to provide their many services to – they call these 'Business areas'. You will work in the M&O team, a UK team of marketing experts who work tirelessly to put customers at the heart of what they do and to be aware of the environment that they are operating in so that they can capitalise on the best opportunities and respond in the right way.
You will work as part of a team to...
- Co-coordinating domestic and international travel on behalf of the directors including accommodation and transfers
- Schedule and co-ordinate all group meetings and off-sites, including logistics, catering, budgets, etc
- Ensuring all briefing papers and supporting information for internal / external meetings are given to the directors in a timely manner
- Being the visible presence onsite to act as a main point of contact for the teams - being the "face" of your teams when the leads are out of office. There to help and support with queries
- Provide support to new starters in your teams - getting them onboard quickly with the things they need including laptops
- Own internal processes for the sectors, including creating Purchase Orders, tracking invoices, ordering Hardware/Software/Procurement
To be successful at Microsoft you must…
- Have a growth mindset
- Be adaptable and embrace change
- Love to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a great communicator
- Have a desire to learn
- Like to work with other people
To be successful in this role you need….
- To be organised
- To be good at prioritising
- To be able to build relationships easily
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To be able to adapt communication to a range of different stakeholders
- To pay attention to detail
You will study for a Level 3 Business Administration qualification over this 18 month apprenticeship. You will spend 80% of your time learning on the job, and 20% working towards your apprenticeship. If you are successful on this programme, you may have the opportunity to go on with Microsoft to study at a higher level within your team, for example a Degree Apprenticeship.
Microsoft can't achieve their mission to empower everyone on the planet to achieve more unless their employees can do their best work. Their perks, benefits, and everything between are essential to their success. Some small, some large, all necessary. Microsoft offers its apprentices:
- Generous time away
- Discounts on products and services
- Giving programmes
- Access to wellbeing programmes
- On-site fitness centre at a discounted rate at Thames Valley
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable adjustments due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, you will be given multiple opportunities to notify the GetMyFirstJob team during your application and we will be happy to discuss suitable arrangements with you directly.
Microsoft operate in a Hybrid Working environment. In simple terms, this means your working life can be split between home and your contracted place of work. As an apprentice you and your manager are empowered to find the flexible balance that works for you. Trips to your contracted place of work will be required from time to time.
*PLEASE NOTE: you can only apply to ONE role in the 2022 Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme and we will only consider your first application. If you submit more than one application this could delay our ability to process this. Please ensure you apply to your first choice Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme only*
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on 02393876405 (Ref ID: 179262)