Sales Support (Solutions)
Description of Opportunity
You'll provide data analysis and insights to enable sales teams to make the most efficient business decisions based on evidential data. You'll gain and understanding of both the product and business drivers, as you build data visualisations to drive key business insight.
You know what Microsoft do, but do you know what they can do for you? An apprenticeship at Microsoft sets you on the path to your future career at an organisation that believes in nurturing talent.
As a global organisation, Microsoft have many different customer types to provide their many services to – they call these 'Business areas'. In your role you will be located within the Solutions Team Unit. A business area full of specialists, who seek to find solutions to customers problems with Microsoft technologies.
You will work as part of a team to...
- Develop data reports and automation using Excel (including macro), PowerBI, Power Automate and other relevant data visualisation tools
- Provide growth metrics reporting for an assigned Azure business area on a weekly basis
- Provide simple to complex data analysis support to sales excellence lead and sales teams. This includes merging multiple datasets from various data sources to provide an insights to the business questions asked
- Prepare reporting documents and PowerPoint presentations for business reviews. This includes providing business insights write-ups for sales excellence lead and sales managers
- Own stakeholder relationship within the assigned Azure business area
To be successful at Microsoft you must…
- Have a growth mindset
- Be adaptable and embrace change
- Love to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a great communicator
- Have a desire to learn
Be a team player
To be successful in this role you need….
- To be curious about datasets and insights that it brings
- To be able to independently own and drive initiatives
- To pay attention to detail and mathematically inclined / data driven
- High standards and to strive for excellence
- To be able to deal with ambiguity
- To continuously learn and improve yourself and business processes
You will study for a L3 Data Technician or L4 Data Analyst qualification over this 24 month apprenticeship. You will spend 80% of your time learning on the job, and 20% working towards your apprenticeship. If you are successful on this programme, you may have the opportunity to go on with Microsoft to study at a higher level within your team, for example a Degree Apprenticeship.
Microsoft can't achieve their mission to empower everyone on the planet to achieve more unless their employees can do their best work. Their perks, benefits, and everything between are essential to their success. Some small, some large, all necessary. Microsoft offers its apprentices:
- Generous time away
- Discounts on products and services
- Giving programmes
- Access to wellbeing programmes
- On-site fitness centre at a discounted rate at Thames Valley
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable adjustments due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, you will be given multiple opportunities to notify the GetMyFirstJob team during your application and we will be happy to discuss suitable arrangements with you directly.
Microsoft operate in a Hybrid Working environment. In simple terms, this means your working life can be split between home and your contracted place of work. As an apprentice you and your manager are empowered to find the flexible balance that works for you. Trips to your contracted place of work will be required from time to time.
*PLEASE NOTE: you can only apply to ONE role in the 2022 Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme and we will only consider your first application. If you submit more than one application this could delay our ability to process this. Please ensure you apply to your first choice Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme only*
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on 02393876405 (Ref ID: 179240)