Systems Support Engineer
As part of the Metadata Control Authentication & AdSmart (MCAA) Support Team you will be responsible for the systems that provide the SI/Metadata for Sky's Digital TV Platforms. As well as working on projects that will migrate these systems from on-prem to public and private clouds.What you'll do:
- Work within a close team to provide pro-active and re-active support for a diverse range of broadcast systems and the timely detection and resolution of faults to achieve the highest possible service availability for our customers.
- Representation of department at Project Meetings and Broadcast stakeholder incident meetings.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and expertise on Sky systems to internal user groups and project staff.
- Ensure all issues are logged and reported to high standards.
- Conduct in-depth root cause analysis and fault finding at the earliest possible opportunity.
- On call out of hours support
- Experience of Oracle Databases and scripting
- Experience developing in PHP, HTML, C++, Java or Python working to vendor API or requirements.
- Solid understanding of IT/Networking and experience of RHEL & Ansible deployment
- Understanding of DVB/MPEG
- Understand the application of ETSI standard ETR290 towards MPEG/DVB streams using an appropriate analyser.
- Experience of Cloud Technologies AWS & Terraform is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Splunk or similar.
We're the Product Hub. We're the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can't wait to get started on what's next.Content Technology and Innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.The Rewards:
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.Inclusion:
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.