Principal Analyst 62726
We're looking for a Principal Analyst to work in Sky's Global Reliability Engineering department. You'll be working alongside our SREs, Security Engineers and Performance Engineers, all of whom look after our OTT platform, supporting them to analyse and deliver all new work initiatives coming into the department.
What you'll do:
* Be part of a new, expanding Portfolio function within Global Reliability, you'll be leading the central analysis function for all new work initiatives being requested across the department. Mainly supporting the four key areas; SRE, Security, Governance and AI Engineering.
* Be the 'go-to person' involved in external delivery and work-in take forums, to ensure Global Reliability has a voice and work is identified and assessed upfront, working closely with the Reliability Portfolio management team and colleagues within Global OTT Delivery
* Breakdown high-level programme and project asks (such as features and enhancements for Peacock / Sky Q / new international propositions) from Global OTT, into refined Global Reliability deliverables, working with Engineers and Technical Analysts across the department
* Be able to coordinate and engage between multiple stakeholders, to collate estimates and help simplify complex deliverables, with multiple dependencies, into something which can be road-mapped and delivered
* Help to manage the backlog of work initiatives for Global Reliability, to ensure teams within Global Reliability have a clear, forward-looking view of already refined deliverables.
What you'll bring:
* Previous experience in an SRE/DevOps environment, working with Infrastructure and Security deliverables, paired with a solid technical understanding in which you can be comfortable representing some of the engineering functions within Global Reliability
* Proven experience as an analyst in Portfolio/Programme delivery, with involvement in the end-to-end delivery lifecycle, but specifically work in-take processes, change requests, overarching governance, and process set-up.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, able to grasp technical concepts and present them to a non-technical audience at varying levels of seniority.
* Proven experience working in an Agile work environment, managing deliverables through epics and user stories with defined acceptance criteria
* Awareness of Cloud Services (AWS & GCP), app and web development technologies, techniques, and practices in a fast-paced work environment
* Experience with JIRA, GitHub, and any relevant portfolio delivery tooling
* The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels, from Engineers to Directors.
We're the Product Hub. We're the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can't wait to get started on what's next.
Global OTT Technology
Our team develops and supports market-leading video streaming services, underpinned by state-of-the-art engineering principles. We do this at huge scale: for over 50 million customers globally, spanning NBCUniversal Peacock in the US and Sky, NOW and SkyShowtime across Europe. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that our diverse audiences can easily find and enjoy whatever they want to watch, choosing from the world's best entertainment, news and sport.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.