Senior Pricing Analyst
The Senior Pricing Analyst will plan and deliver pricing related projects to deadline and quality standards. They will directly influence the future growth and profitability of the business.
The role will involve the management of detailed analysis of data using sophisticated actuarial and statistical techniques in order to recommend pricing actions which increase volume and profit. In addition, the Senior Pricing Analyst will build pricing capability and core skills within the business, as well as influence the strategic direction of risk pricing team and within the wider Ageas UK Group.
Main Responsibilities as Senior Pricing Analyst:
- Management, development and coaching of Pricing Analysts.
- Develop, validate, review and approve predictive and machine learning models
- Development and delivery of up to date and accurate datasets for modelling, pricing and monitoring
- Development and maintenance of pricing models and support for their deployment
- Carry out deployment/send instructions for rate releases and review of rates into rate engine/live environment
- Develop a balanced view of current and future pricing performance by combining MI, modelling results and company targets
- Maintenance of records to coordinate pricing decisions and implementation across teams, decision making bodies and implementation pathwaysExecution, development and project management across all stages of the price control cycle as requiredManage the use of our price positioning and competitor analysis in order to decide/recommend, as appropriate, changes to optimise Ageas' competitive positioning and contribution per policy.Inform and influence senior management and heads of departmentDeputise for the Senior Pricing Manager or Manager where required, including meetings with senior management.
Skills and experience you need as Senior Pricing Analyst
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerical discipline.
- Experience in insurance pricing or related analytical background
- Highly skilled in the use of programming language (e.g. SAS) to manipulate data.
- Experience in SOME of the following predictive modelling techniques e.g. Logistic Regression, Log-Gamma GLMs, GBMs, Elastic Net GLMs, GAMs, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines and Neural Nets
- Experienced in the use of a programming language (e.g. R, Matlab, Python or Octave)
- Experience of Emblem and Radar
- Experience of using analytics to solve complex business problems.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Senior Pricing Analyst role based in London:
- A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
We're one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We're a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria).