In this exciting new role, you will support our sales teams, desk heads, and senior leadership team to execute CGM’s client strategy by supporting the Salesforce platform to become a vital CRM tool within our Commodities and Global Markets business.
You will serve as primary Salesforce and CRM Administrator as well as the first line of support for the platform in the region. You will be responsible for working with stakeholders to build out the reporting capabilities of the platform with Salesforce tools, that will help the business generate commercial insights and metrics that drive productivity improvements.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and updates as well as educating stakeholders on the full capabilities of the Salesforce platform and co-ordinate delivery of enhancements based on evolving user requirements. You will help implement a training program for users, build out the reporting and dashboard capabilities of the platform and help with the ongoing development of our Salesforce.com deployment.
This position is a unique hybrid between a Business Analyst and a Salesforce.com super user. While this role is heavily focus on Salesforce there will be additional opportunities to help drive improvement and automation across other platforms and business tools, and you will gain exposure to the full breadth of CGM’s businesses and people across all levels of the organisation.
To be successful in this role, you will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Salesforce Lightning platform. You will be highly skilled in working with stakeholders from all levels of the organisation to identify, develop and innovate on existing business processes and surface data insights to users to drive effective and efficient decision making.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as primary Salesforce and CRM Administrator for the region, handling all administrative functions including user account maintenance, data management, reports and dashboards, opportunity workflows and other routine tasks.
- Work with senior management to continually improve the reporting capabilities and data insights that can be delivered to support decision making in a constantly changing environment.
- Work with business stakeholders to document current state / desired future processes and workflows, write-up detailed requirements for enhancements to the platform and success criteria for testing.
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests, with a heavy focus on data and reporting by building out the data analytics capabilities of the platform.
- Participate in agile ceremonies that facilitate the planning, prioritisation and delivery of the development roadmap.
- Work with key stakeholders to support key management processes that facilitate continuous review of the data and promote good data practices.
- Design and execute a training program for new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organisation.
Additional Experience Required:
- Two years + of experience as a Salesforce administrator with Salesforce Admin (ADM201 and ADM301) certifications, or two + years of capital markets experience preferred
- Good communication skills are key. Must be able to communicate effectively with key stakeholders including sales teams, desk heads, and the senior leadership team
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Developer certifications an advantage
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment preferred
- Experience in implementing a Salesforce user training program preferred
If you are looking to further your Salesforce Administrative career is a highly successful, fast paced environment then we would love to hear from you!
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. We are a market leader in the environmental products space, having been awarded the 2020 Environmental Products Bank of the Year by Risk Magazine.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.