Catholic Scripture Engagement Officer
Catholic Scripture Engagement Officer
We're looking for a Catholic Scripture Engagement Officer to focus on fulfilling the charity’s mission within the context of the Catholic community in England and Wales.
Position: Catholic Scripture Engagement Officer
Location: Swindon/Home based with regular national travel
Hours: Minimum of 20 hours per week up to full-time, as preferred
Salary: £25,000–£29,000 pro rata plus flexible benefits
Benefits: Flexible Working, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Family Time benefits including TOIL, 25 day’s holiday (plus bank holidays) holiday trading, discounted gym membership, Health Cash Plan or Private Medical, Cycle Scheme, Annual Staff Day, Life Assurance, Tastecard, Childcare Vouchers, Loyalty Awards, Staff Events, Free tea and coffee and free car parking
Close Date: 12 June 2022
Interview Date: 21 June 2022
As Catholic Scripture Engagement Officer, you will work with the Catholic Scripture Engagement Manager to enable deeper Scripture encounters in the Catholic community, help to further the God who Speaks initiative, maintain the God who Speaks website, and promote the exciting range of resources.
Main responsibilities include:
- Upload content onto the God who Speaks WordPress website
- Perform routine web administration – add pages, images, videos, menu items, and maintain content on existing applications
- Help to design and update educational and catechetical print materials for parishes and schools
- Work with the Catholic Scripture Engagement Manager to execute web functionality, content, design, and communications across all web and design platforms including social media
- Research the Catholic audience and its needs through helping to identify, trial and create a range of emerging resources and oversee their delivery and promotion
- Demonstrably increase the profile of the charity in the Catholic Church and the profile of the Catholic Church in the charity
- Help to organise and run successful Scripture events in dioceses to enable deeper Bible engagement among the Catholic community
- Alongside colleagues, ensure that our database is appropriately managed in order to monitor activity and communicate with the Catholic audience effectively
With an infectious passion for the Scriptures and a formal qualification or substantial experience in Theology, Religious Studies or Biblical Studies, you will nurture Scripture encounters with the Catholic community.
You will have knowledge/experience of:
- Using WordPress and design experience in a professional environment
- Adobe Creative Suite – primarily Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Canva and Illustrator
- Roman Catholic Church structures in England and Wales
- Working/volunteering in a Catholic school, chaplaincy, parish or diocese
- Communications, marketing and networking in a professional environment
- Managing successful events, including scheduling, promoting, content development, booking and budgeting
If this sounds like you and you have the legal right to work and remain in the UK, we’d love to hear from you. Please provide your CV and a 250-word statement that sets out why you’re the best person for this position.
As a Christian organisation who believes you were created with a unique character, you have gifts and abilities that are all your own. So the charity is willing to explore how what you have might fit what is needed.
There's no such thing as the perfect candidate. You don't have to tick every box on the job description before you can even think of applying. If you think you've got most of what is needed and you're excited about what the charity is doing, go ahead.
You have a life outside work, and the charity want you to be able to live it well, so is happy to talk to you about flexible working hours and working from home. No one is impressed if you respond to emails at midnight.
Learn and grow
When you're trained in a new skill, or learn a different perspective, it benefits you and it benefits the charity. The organisation is committed to making it possible for everyone to flourish and be the best they can be, with a huge variety of learning resources available.
Together and apart
The charity believes in home working where it's appropriate, and during lockdown made that work really well.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of the organisation, promoting diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire charity. As such, the charity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce. Applications from people representing all sections of the community are welcome.
We want you to bring your best to the application and selection process. If you need the charity to make any adjustments for that to happen, let us know and we'll be glad to help.
About the Organisation
The charity’s mission is to offer the Bible to the world. It is a vision of a world where everyone has access to the Bible and can recognise its value for them, their families and communities. Working for a Christian charity, this is a great opportunity to work for an investor in people gold employer who have won awards for their excellence in investing in people. They are committed to the development of all staff and have fantastic charity-sector benefits to help motivate and retain exceptional people.
The charity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce. Applications are welcome from people representing all sections of the community.
You may also have experience in areas such as Content Officer, Theology, Religious Studies, Biblical Studies, Web Content, Website Content, Digital Content, Web Administration, Web Administrator, Content Creator, Content Designer, Content Executive, Digital Content Creator, Digital Content Designer, Digital Content Executive.