Network Security Engineer
- Perform troubleshooting on a wide range of devices
- Review changes and proposals from a security point of view
- Implement policies protecting both the internet and clients from abuse
- Run and fine tune security solutions
- Provide stats & reports for analysis
- Review security vulnerabilities and work with other teams to provide a fix
- Participate in on-call duties with the rest of the team
What you'll bring:
- Practical experience in routing, switching and firewalling, as well as configuring and fixing VPN solutions
- Experience in design review, change approval
- Worked with scalable solutions (example: HA) in an enterprise environment
- Some scripting knowledge in any of the common scripting languages (Perl, shell, python, php, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of common application protocols
- Experience in solving network errors
- Good communication skills for both internal and external communications
Group Communications and Infrastructure
Looking to be part of non-stop innovation? Join our Group Communications and Infrastructure team and you'll work alongside experts in broadband, telephony, mobile, cloud and infrastructure. We're the team that designs, builds, supports and maintains the telecoms networks across the whole Sky Group. Together, we help Sky broadband, mobile and TV enter new markets by creating a single and secure infrastructure for the amazing content and services that keep our customers coming back for more.
We bring the best from the global market into Sky - we buy technology, marketing, corporate, operational services and editorial production solutions. We are an international team working with our stakeholders our partners to curate the most effective and efficient customer-led operating model. High ethical standards are embeded in our team, and we engage our supply chains in creating a sustainable future!
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
A generous pension package
Discounted mobile and broadband
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.Your office base:Brick Lane/Hybrid working
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working!
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.