Manager - Network Testing
- Lead and manage the network testing team comprising of permanent and contract staff across onshore/offshore in a right sourcing model
- Ensure high levels of employee motivation and development by achieving high employee satisfaction scores. Devise Talent strategy (hiring, progression, industry visibility, training and development, reward, budgets, etc.)
- Actively engage with project managers, Technical Manager, and business stakeholders to understand project requirements, build resourcing roadmap, and ramp up or ramp down the team as appropriate. Devise KPIs for supplier performance management and provide regular business reporting
- Develop staff to adopt new ways of working such as Agile and Ci/CD automation tooling. Set up necessary processes and governance to ensure high standard of network test quality and timely delivery of projects
- Lead test automation from business case preparation till achieving network test automation targets
- Track and maintain software and hardware end of life for Telco equipment, and manage budgets to ensure that network devices are running supported software and hardware in line with TSR regulations
What you'll bring:
- Proven experience in setting up testing practices, testing strategy and solid understanding of variety of testing is a crucial requirement.
- Proven track record in building and streamlining a broad staffing supply chain able to fulfil resourcing requirements with short lead times.
- Strong experience in running employee recognition programs, performance management, and employee development
- Experienced in leading large service provider network engineering teams comprising of network test engineers using a combination of permanent staff, onsite temp staff, and offshore resources
- Basic understanding of service provider IP telco network technologies
- Proven stakeholder engagement, relationship building, leadership, reporting, supplier management skills
Group Communications and Infrastructure
Looking to be part of non-stop innovation? Join our Group Communications and Infrastructure team and you'll work alongside experts in broadband, telephony, mobile, cloud and infrastructure. We're the team that designs, builds, supports, and maintains the telecoms networks across the whole Sky Group. Together, we help Sky broadband, mobile and TV enter new markets by creating a single and secure infrastructure for the amazing content and services that keep our customers coming back for more.
We bring the best from the global market into Sky - we buy technology, marketing, corporate, operational services and editorial production solutions. We are an international team working with our stakeholders our partners to curate the most effective and efficient customer-led operating model. High ethical standards are embeded in our team, and we engage our supply chains in creating a sustainable future!
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
A generous pension package
Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and varied community; close to street food, cafes, and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.Inclusion:
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working!
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.