Company Secretarial Assistant
Job Title: Company Secretarial Assistant
Contract Type: Part-Time
Salary Range: GBP 28,800.00 - 33,000.00 (Pro-Rata)
Company Secretarial Assistant: Ageas currently have an exciting opportunity for Company Secretarial Assistant to join our Eastleigh on a Permanent, part-time contract. As a Company Secretarial Assistant, you will provide high quality support and assistance to the Ageas (UK) Company Secretary and the Company Secretariat department by undertaking delegated tasks. As this is a relatively small team, the successful candidate will get the opportunity to work in all aspects of the Company Secretarial field and have high exposure to the executive team and board members.
Main Responsibilities as Company Secretarial Assistant:
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of Blueprint, Diligent and other corporate databases.
· To assist with the preparation, collation, and distribution (as applicable) of papers for the board and committee meetings as directed, and in accordance with established board procedures.
· Under the supervision of the Company Secretariat team, prepare ad hoc/standard board minutes and shareholder resolutions as required from time to time.
· Provide assistance to the Company Secretariat team with the maintenance, review and update of delegated authorities and bank mandates and provide advice to the business as required.
Skills and experience you need as Company Secretarial Assistant
· ICSA qualified or part qualified
· Understanding and ability to interpret English company and insurance law
· A good knowledge of the companies' operations and relevant business environment.
· Previous experience as a company secretarial assistant or a paralegal in company/company secretarial work.
· Experience of company secretariat databases, e.g. Blueprint and Diligent (or similar Board portals) would be an advantage.
· Experience of producing board level reports and drafting board minutes.
· Experience of a financial service-related organisation would be an advantage.
We're one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We're a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria).
Our aim is to have great people everywhere in our business and we're always looking for outstanding people to join us. Most roles across Ageas allow a proportion of your time to be spent working from home and we're open to discussing flexible working, including full-time, part-time or job share arrangements.
To find out more about Ageas, see About Us.