Due to a strong pipeline of work Willmott Dixon is currently seeking to expand their preconstruction team and recruit a Bid Manager to project manage the preconstruction process. This will support our preconstruction team in the North-West from our regional office in Oldham.
Reporting to a Preconstruction Manager, the successful candidate will demonstrate true leadership and manage both internal and external resources to deliver successful bids, on time, within budget and to the highest quality, ensuring our customers' expectations are met and, wherever possible, exceeded.
With a proven track record of successful projects, you will be responsible for leading two-stage/negotiated tenders for projects ranging in value from £5m to £65 across a range of sectors, including Education, Leisure, Health, Blue Light and Commercial. At Willmott Dixon we operate through several frameworks, allowing for a greater probability of seeing your hard work come to life.
As a Bid Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Motivating and leading a bid team that includes both internal (estimators, design professionals, MEP professionals and planners) and often external (supply chain and consultants) resource
* Working closely with your team to develop the commercial strategy.
* Managing the customers' expectations through informal and formal 'health checks', adopting a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations
* Developing and incorporating project strategies to achieve the company's sustainability objectives
* Ensuring regular monitoring and reporting on progress, managing potential risks and opportunities, and instigating pre-emptive and corrective actions as required
* Maintaining continuous professional development of yourself and your team to ensure appropriate technical awareness, implementing best practices and driving continuous improvement
* Maintaining a 'one team' approach throughout to create a seamless transition from preconstruction to operations
* Coordinating inception workshops with our customers and using your proven listening skills to ensure we truly understand our customers 'Why', gaining vital information that will enable your bid team to go the extra mile
Experience in managing diverse technical input, understanding complex construction schemes and leading the bid process will help you thrive in this role. If you have previously worked in a construction technical role, including but not limited to Operations, Planning, Commercial, Design or Estimating this will help you hit the ground running.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for you to become a key part of our pre-construction team, If you will enjoy understanding the challenges our customers face and are motivated by finding innovative solutions please follow the link to apply.
We reward our people generously with a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible. We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development.
We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2022 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People' Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.