Junior Management Accountant
We are looking for a Junior Management Accountant to join our Finance Team. The Finance Team at Frontier deals with all accounting and financial tasks relevant to the firm. This includes anything from staff expense claims to preparing summary information and statistics on Frontier's performance for the Board and Exec; preparing the profit and loss accounts, the balance sheet and the accounts to be filed with the Registrar of Companies, to making payments to providers and dealing with payroll for employees, sending invoices to clients and being tasked with credit control.
The Junior Management Accountant is managed by the Management Accountant, with the core tasks of the Management Accounts and the Management Information being reviewed by the Management Accountant. The successful candidate will work closely with all their team members; understanding their respective job tasks and providing cover for these when required.
The focus of this particular role is based on the following responsibilities:
Monthly Management Accounts (“MA”)
- Creating and sending new Work in Progress (“WIP”) form for month (revenue)
- Completing WIP form and updating forecasts to end of year
- Monitoring WIP project share revenue
- WIP form administration (emails, reminders, queries)
- Project sums update (key project revenue and cost spreadsheet)
- Accruals & prepayments
- Debtors Schedule
- WIP Journal
- Bank Reconciliations
- Fixed Assets
- P&L Ledger review
- Reviewing expenses postings and calculating accrual for unposted expenses
- The creation and completion of Financial Results Document – Monthly Profit and loss, balance sheet, other graphs and charts
- Sense check of P&L and Balance sheet numbers and variances vs budget, expectations etc prior to forwarding to the Management Accountant for their monthly review, in a timely manner to a pre-agreed timetable
- Highlighting any issues, questions with the Management Accountant, working together to complete the final MA to send to FC and FD
Monthly Management Information (“MI”)
- Full process of producing monthly documents (a combination of timesheet and WIP form information)
- Query and follow up on invoicing with project managers - billing schedules. Escalate older queries to senior managers and directors (via email or meeting)
Monthly Utilisation Information
- Timesheet administration (emails, reminders, queries)
- Running other adhoc utilisation reports as requested
Monthly budget cost updates
- Compilation and circulation of cost updates against budget for all key budget holders (including People Remit, Client Remit, Practice Development budgets, IT, Facilities, Cross Office and the COO budget)
The Finance Team is relatively small and it is essential that all team members are flexible and willing to help cover / support each other. Additional ad-hoc tasks may include, but not be limited to:
- Support with systems development and admin
- Financial requests from Business Development for proposals and tenders
- Audit – assisting with queries from the auditors.
If you are interesting in this position and would like to apply, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Strong proficiency with excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Team player, prepared to spot gaps and help out where required
- Ability to communicate well, both in writing and in person, particularly with senior colleagues and the rest of the finance team
- Accounting knowledge and experience
- SAP experience, particularly in operating separate offices
- Previous experience of preparing monthly management accounts
In addition to stimulating and thought-provoking project work, we offer numerous benefits to support you inside and outside of work. All employees have access to numerous Learning & Development opportunities including ongoing Career Development Reviews with the support of an allocated Mentor.
We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible working arrangements. Our hybrid working model means we expect most people to combine coming into the office with working remotely, either from home or elsewhere. We are encouraging a 60:40 split either way, with a full-time colleague typically being in the office 2-3 days a week. How you split your time will depend on the meetings in your diary, projects you may be working on, the time of the role etc - we want you to be able to embrace the flexibility while thinking about what works best for The Company, Your clients and You. In addition we provide 28 days annual leave with the option to purchase an additional 10.
Frontier is entirely owned by its employees. As Shareholders, we encourage everyone to put forward their views. Not only do we influence how the company is run but we choose to distribute as much of our profits as is prudently possible through bonuses. In addition we offer a highly rewarding salary.
Frontier is an Economic Consultancy with a difference. From day one our goal was simple - to create a company that approached economics with imagination.
Founded in 1999, we are entirely employee owned so everyone contributes to the culture and success.
Our specialist business management teams help to shape the every-day running of the firm and implement the strategy to make it all happen. Our business management teams drive business development and practice coordination while supporting the growth of the firm through recruiting and managing talent.
All our employees are supported in their career and personal development through our exceptional training programs, learning resources, qualifications and career progression.
Salary - Base salary ranging from £22,000 - £29,000 plus bonus
Hours - 35
• Flexible working • 28 days holiday allowance plus option to purchase an additional 10 days • Employee Assistance Programme • Pension scheme • Private health insurance and dental plan (policy also includes leisure travel insurance) • Life Insurance • Cycle to work scheme • Season Ticket Loan • Income Protection Insurance • Flu vaccinations • Leave for charitable activities • Independent Financial Adviser • Vision Care • Career development • Mentoring and coaching • Learning and Development opportunities • Causal dress code • Wellness room • Free fruit • Matched fund-raising • Mobile phone
Frontier Economics is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. We are determined that everyone has an equal chance to join us and progress their career with Frontier. We care about creating an inclusive atmosphere and are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in all its forms.