Project Manager - Level 1- MEICA
Would you like to work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
As project manager you will successfully manage allocated multidisciplinary projects and their associated activities from conception through to completion, delivering work that meets project requirements, customer satisfaction and in accordance with Morgan Sindall standards.
As a project manager, you will:
- Oversee the successful delivery of control systems projects to scope, budget, quality requirements, on time for completion encompassing engineering, procurement, hardware / software development and testing, installation, testing & commissioning, handover and commercial aspects ensuring Perfect Delivery is achieved
- Ensure that project specific requirements are clearly communicated and understood throughout the project and to others, as appropriate
- Provide direction, motivation, and leadership to both internal staff, partner contractors and client representatives engaged in providing technical support, oversight and assurance activities to the project
- Implement a full risk and value engineering management process where all risks and cost savings opportunities are identified and actioned
- Responsible for all safety, health, environment and quality matters including driving excellence and championing continuous improvement.
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified in a relevant technical discipline
- Awareness of the requirements and processes within the customer’s service areas
- Knowledge of all aspects of legislative compliance, including technical, health and safety, and environment
- Strong electrical, controls and instrumentation background covering all stages of project delivery
- Good understanding of commercial issues affecting project performance and experience in managing conflict and assessing value / evaluating variations of contract works undertaken
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment contributing across a business unit or area
- Good management and communication skills with the ability to motivate stakeholders and team members to achieve high standards of performance and compliance
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20-year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non-utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK’s Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy’s Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.