Project Engineer - Commissioning - Control System
Would you like to work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
As an Experienced Control Systems Engineer you will provide Engineer Level support to a commissioning team on a major Project. The candidate will Ideally possess a sound knowledge of primarily PLC & SCADA systems and also have a good appreciation of other control systems technologies such as Data Management systems.
- Support to the production and review of Lifetime quality and test documentation.
- Ability to understand Design documentation, User Requirements, Validation & Verification plans, Functional Specifications, Software System & System Definition Specifications.
- Provide oversight and support to all commissioning test activities including support at offsite locations.
- Perform simple system modifications as approved to support commissioning activities.
- Ability to support and deliver commissioning activities, including fault finding and problem solving.
- Ability to support Control Systems Commissioning Section Leader and carry out duties and responsibilities for all control systems.
- Demonstrate and deliver a sound understanding of Configuration Management and Change Control.
- Control Systems, instrumentation, CE&I or software background
- Experience of delivery of commissioning scope.
- Can provide evidence of an ability to work in an operating plant environment delivering structured testing activities and minor modifications.
- Demonstrable evidence of working in teams.
- Ability to deliver breakdown support and recovery in a timely manner
- Potential to support commissioning activities during silent hours
- HNC or higher qualification in an electrical, electronic or software related subject and/or suitable experience.
- Current valid UK License required.
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20-year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non-utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK’s Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy’s Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.