Construction Manager - Fit Out
Would you like to work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality, cost control, customer satisfaction and delivery of the works programme
- Plan and establish procedures to ensure that all construction operations, project schedules and key milestones are achieved
- Assist with the compilation, review of Information to Tender (ITT) and Invitation to Negotiate (ITN) documentation and carry through to the successful delivery/installation to site.
- Organise, direct, and efficiently use all resources, including subcontractors and suppliers, delivering the highest standard of workmanship and value for money
- Ensure full compliance with our 100% Safe value and Perfect Delivery philosophy
- Manage, coach, and assist supervisory staff in all aspects of their duties
- Compile 2, 4 and 12 Week Look Aheads to achieve and maintain the requirements of the Contract Base Line Schedule.
- Participate in / lead Collaborative Planning Workshops with specialist supply chain / Planning Team and Consultants.
- Lead Constructability Reviews for MEICA|FRC and Building Fabric Disciplines.
- Possess extensive experience with complex fit out packages across multiple construction sectors, confident to coordinate Building Fabric and Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls and Automation Packages of all disciplines.
- Compile detailed Inspection & Test Plans / Independent Check Lists in accordance with drawings/specifications, implement on site to monitor quality at all designated hold points across all work packages.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls and Automation (MEICA), the interface with Major Civils, Building Fabric: Internal/external Masonry, internal partitioning, modularised wall systems, Fire rated MF and suspended ceilings, fire protection systems, epoxy floor finishes, decoration, carpentry and joinery.
- Experience with Major Projects
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject
- Sound commercial and contractual knowledge
- Advanced Stakeholder Management
- Advanced risk and opportunity control skills
- Experience with Total Package (KDP) delivery partners
- Experience of working within a Nuclear environment desirable
- Deputise for Fit Out Project Manager
- Ability to work between Sellafield Site and Warrington Office(s) for the Preconstruction Phase of the Project
- REVIT awareness/experience: Structural/Architectural/MEICA
- CSCS Black, NVQ Level 6 / 7 in Management
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20-year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non-utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK’s Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy’s Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.