Senior Supply Chain Manager
Would you like to work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
- To drive maximum value from the supply chain through effective supply chain selection, segmentation, relationship management and development, and robust performance management
- To lead the implementation of the Morgan Sindall Supply Chain Strategy for their area(s) or sector(s), and support the development and implementation of the Business Unit Supply Chain Plan
- To ensure an effective supply chain structure is in place for their area or sector, with clear ownership of key subcontractor relationships, whilst ensuring a consistent approach across the Business Unit
- Develop, implement, and deliver the Supply Chain Strategy and deliver the Business Unit Supply Chain Plan
- Market the Supply Chain Management Function to ensure early engagement, maximum value add and benefit realisation
- Set objectives and monitor / manage performance and development of team members
- To manage and improve the performance of the supply chain, including driving innovations and best practice, through ongoing engagement, assessment, and intervention.
- Develop and execute work package sourcing strategy, including tendering, analysis, selection of and contract negotiation using NEC contract form with suppliers
- Negotiate high value and or strategically important contractual agreement with suppliers
- Identify new suppliers and/or subcontractors for consideration by the business where required
- Seek out innovations to differentiate Morgan Sindall, through engagement with our supply chain
- Where required, support and/or lead subcontract procurement and develop project procurement strategies
- Lead the performance management of subcontractors for their area or sector.
- Champion and drive utilisation of supply chain management systems and tool, ensuring effective use and sharing of timely data assessments are untaken and feedback to subcontractors
- Regularly review and refresh the subcontractor supply chain to ensure it continues to meet the needs of Morgan Sindall and our customers
- Support Perfectly Delivery and ensure the Supply Chain is 100% safe and sustainable
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent qualification
- Proven team leadership in a similar environment desirable
- Significant experience of contract and supplier relationship management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of sub-contract and supplier terms and conditions
- Good knowledge and application of NEC contract forms
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20-year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non-utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK’s Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy’s Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.