Pfizer CentreOne Business Development Lead EU & China
WHY PATIENTS NEED YOU
Through the power of our seven portfolios, we have an unparalleled opportunity to learn faster, act quicker, and be bolder. Whether you are responsible for leading commercial strategies or supporting the development and implementation, your role can transform the way we launch our products to get them into the hands of patients faster and with more impact.
PFIZER CENTREONE SUMMARY
- Pfizer CentreOne is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) embedded within Pfizer, delivering over $1B+ in revenue in 2021. Pfizer CentreOne reports into the Chief Business & Innovation Office (CBIO).
- Pfizer CentreOne leverages Pfizer manufacturing plants as well as science and technology resources to manufacture medicine for biopharmaceutical companies. Pfizer CentreOne focusses on active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) synthesis, drug products (sterile injectable fill-finish and oral solids) and is a lead supplier of steroid and hormone APIs and intermediates. For almost 50 years, Pfizer CentreOnes' dedicated team of contract manufacturing experts has been guiding our partners' drugs safely from development to commercial manufacture.
- Leads the team responsible for initiating new business relationships and selling in EU, UK and China.
- As a Senior Director, your innovative ideas and creative decision-making lead the strategic direction of your team and of Pfizer CentreOne. Your ability to leverage constructive relationships across Pfizer will help you maximize the resources available within the organization. Your ability to exercise foresight and judgment in initiating, planning, organizing and guiding complex programs in unprecedented situations shall be critical to the achievement to the Pfizer CentreOne.
- You will be a member of our Global Business Development Leadership Team and provide inputs to shape the strategy of the division in the EU, UK & China as well as globally. You will help with the key strategic and tactical decisions as well as business development opportunities. Your primary responsibility will be to lead a team of diverse Business Development colleagues and a cross functional team of Marketing, Development Services, PGS colleagues and others to grow deliver the revenue targets for the EU, UK & China. You will also be developing an annual and multi-year operating plan.
- Your team will identify and pursue new leads and business opportunities, while also ensuring communication to and alignment with both internal and external stakeholders. You will teach and coach your team to successfully liaise with PGS (Pfizer Global Supply) and other internal resources to obtain information necessary to develop and issue proposals to potential clients, facilitate due diligence plant visits and meetings, and to formulate and negotiate complex development and supply contracts. You will develop and ensure the team has a deep understanding of the Pfizer CentreOne / PGS governance process that defines selling capacities and capabilities of individual sites.
- It is your leadership and commitment that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
- BA/BS in Sciences, Engineering or Business required; Masters or Ph.D. is preferred
- Strong business acumen: Significant pharmaceutical industry experience, in commercial / selling
- Strong track record of leadership, global leadership experience preferred
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in developing strategies to drive business performance
- Negotiation experience including pricing, contracts, and other business-related activities
- Strong networking skills: Must have prior experience interacting in a global environment with cross-functional disciplines in a highly matrixed environment (e.g., Manufacturing, Research & Development, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs functions)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies as well as of local markets, cultural differences, customer requirements, local trade and credit practices, government requirements, credit terms, shipping practices, sales service requirements, and all major competitive factors
- Fluent English
- Minimum of 30% travel required; travel is dependent on meeting growth/revenue targets
- Domestic and international travel to visit with PGS sites, technology partners and potential customers
The closing deadline for applications is July 3rd.