Commercial Trading Manager
- Deliver consistent, quality analysis daily / weekly across your channel to understand factors that positively and negatively impact in quarter P&L performance; working closely with Base Management, Trading Performance and Customer Service teams to ensure delivery of appropriate recovery or improvement plans.
- Find innovate ways for us to drive performance across products by understanding levers to improve performance.
- Working closely with Regional Hub Managers to corroborate quantitative and qualitative analysis with a bigger picture lens. You will be able to explain drivers of performance succinctly and in a timely way to senior stakeholders
- Manage end to end P+L view of your channel across a number of sites and products
- End to end ownership of planning in your channel - including interpreting the Commercial Plans and creating a clear plan for the Operation
- Provide quarterly wash ups of Trading Performance
- Work on strategic projects where you seek to identify and size opportunities across products in your channel. Form recommendations and present to senior stakeholders
- Involved in the delivery and execution of new TV, Cinema/Sports, Broadband and Mobile propositions specific to your channel
- Build positive relationships with stakeholders across the matrix based on collaboration, trust and delivery
- Deep understanding of data with the ability to link quantitative and qualitative inputs to produce concrete insights and recommendations.
- You will be required to have sophisticated tableau and excel skills; ability to mine data sets to create reusable views and forecast modelling to build business cases.
- Credible communicator and able to present work to your Trading Lead and Head of Trading, with excellent presentation skills (written and verbal). Ability to link quantitative and qualitative inputs to create significant storytelling in PowerPoint with a clear layout that conveys a concise story.
- Dedicated and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance with a positive mind-set in a high profile, pressurised environment
- Able to work across a matrix organisation with the product owners, trading functions and Customer Service delivery and support teams to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
We bring the best from the global market into Sky - we buy technology, marketing, corporate, operational services and editorial production solutions. We are an international team working with our stakeholders our partners to curate the most effective and efficient customer-led operating model. High ethical standards are embeded in our team, and we engage our supply chains in creating a sustainable future!
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
A generous pension package
Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.Your office base:Osterley:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working!
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.