Community Staff Nurse - Bromley area
Bromley Healthcare is a community interest company providing a wide range of services including community nursing services such as district nursing, health visiting to specialist nurses, as well as therapy services for children, young people and adults. Being born from NHS Bromley’s community provider unit we have been providing community services to the people of Bromley for many years and we have a wealth of experience.
Bromley Healthcare is a great place to work. The unique way we deliver services and offer everyone who works here a voice, means that your career with us will be rewarding. Social Enterprises are a fairly new and exciting way to deliver healthcare, offering many of the traditional advantages of the NHS (such as excellent training and development) with the freedom for innovation by being able to reinvest any surpluses we make into the community.
Priority consideration will be given to Bromley Healthcare staff formally identified as being at risk.
Please note that for positions that require you to drive as part of your job role we will be asking for evidence of business insurance.
Band 5 Community Staff Nurse
£29,553 - £36,265 inclusive HCAS per annum
We are looking for Community Staff Nurses to join our dynamic, friendly team who are patient focused and thrive on providing quality care.
The Community Nurse role is a highly skilled role such as Picc lines/IV’s as these are skills that are very much key to being an excellent Community Nurse.
We are currently undergoing an exciting period of change within our District Nursing service, and following a full review, we have a new exciting Career Pathway for any Community Nurse who wishes to develop in the District Nursing field.
All of our community Nurses start at Band 5, however following successful completion of defined clinical and non-clinical competencies, you will automatically progress on to a Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse position. From this point, we offer the District Nursing course (subject to availability) and will support you if you wish to progress to a District Nursing qualification. As a community provider, we also deliver numerous specialist nursing services including Tissue Viability, Bladder and Bowel, Rapid Response and Nursing rehabilitation units. The new career pathway will provide guidance on the support we can offer you to pursue the career pathway of your choice, including Apprenticeships, Internal Training programmes and opportunities to go into developmental roles.
Applicants should have a current driving licence and access to a vehicle to be considered for this position.
Main duties of the job
Bromley Healthcare are currently recruiting for Band 5 Community Nurses. The teams consist of District Nurses, Community Nurses, Associate Nurses, Apprentice Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. They are a busy & dynamic team who have patient care at the heart of all they do. Our work is crucial to the community as we aim to prevent hospital care for our patients.
As a Community Nurse you will deal with a variety of patients in their own homes, the role will involve but is not limited to:
- Responsibility for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care.
- Implementing, monitoring and maintaining our high standards of care.
- Re-assessing and re-evaluating programmes of care when needed.
- Being an active member of the team sharing best practice whenever possible.
This is a challenging but ultimately rewarding position where you will be supported both within your teams and by regular reflection & professional training.
You will need to be able to work the following shifts:
8.15am – 4.15pm
10.45am – 6.45pm
In addition you will be required to work 1 weekend in 4 and must be able to meet this requirement.
You can work additional evening & weekend shifts if you wish.
Working for our organisation
Bromley Healthcare is a community interest company providing a wide range of services including community nursing services such as district nursing, health visiting to specialist nurses, as well as therapy services for children, young people and adults. .
Social Enterprises are a fairly new and exciting way to deliver healthcare, offering many of the traditional advantages of the NHS with the freedom for innovation by being able to reinvest any surpluses we make into the community.
Salary is dependant on NHS experience and current banding/pay point.
Excellent benefits package available including various pension schemes, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, discounted electronics, access to EAP, high street discounts, Blue Light Card eligibility, opportunity to apply for low interest personal loans and an excellent lease car scheme and we are constantly looking to expand our staff benefits.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- The post holder is responsible to safeguard children, young people and adults at risk.
- To contribute to the clinical delivery of the service. This will include completing holistic patient assessments, designing and regularly reviewing care plans, delivering effective clinical care.
- To assist with the daily coordination of the team to include daily handover, allocation of work and managing referrals and telephone messages.
- To develop good working relationships with Allied Health Professionals, specialist and other clinical services in Bromley Healthcare and contribute to the development of policies and procedure that cover related services.
- To proactively monitor and manage a daily patient caseload making autonomous decisions about patient care and seeking support from colleagues as appropriate.
- To work in partnership with acute care and social care when required.